TWÔ

Sunday
2:47 pm
°°°°°°°°°°

I walked into the house with Amyra who had come to pick me up and it took alot more convincing even though I promised to be there for me dinner but I woke up in a mood and my gut told me to come up with an excuse to skip dinner

The things you did when you didn't want to disappoint people after you've disappointed them way too many times to count.

We walked into the massive kitchen that was probably bigger than my entire apartment where her mom was cooking. There were one too many pots on the stove and just so much food everywhere, it made me sick.

"Mummy." She said, calling her mom's attention to our presence.

"Yuh lie." She said with a big smile on her face as she dried her hands into a kitchen towel and came towards us. "I can't believe you're here."

"I'm here Mrs. Addler, thank you for inviting me."

"You know you're always welcome sweetie." She told me as she pulled me into a hug and I hugged her back. "Anyways let me go back and check on our dinner." We pulled away from each other and she walked back over to the stove. "I'm making your favourite for dessert." I told her what my favourite dessert was, one time in passing and I haven't been over here in a while so I didn't think she'd remember.

"You remembered?"

"I did."

"Thank you."

"I told you that you're a part of the family now so don't worry about it." I smiled at that and Amyra bumped my shoulder. "Everybody else is outside so go say hi and get something to drink."

"Okay." I let Amyra lead me through the massive house and outside to the garden that never seized to amaze me.

I was a sucker for flowers.

There were tables set up all over the garden and there was a mini bar. If this was Sunday dinner for them, I didn't want to see what a party looked like.

I went around with Amyra greeting her family, some of them I did remember but others I didn't.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°
6:20 pm.

Seventy percent of the people that had been here earlier had left and I should've been gone too but I was waiting for Amyra to take me home.

I was sitting at a table by myself when this man came to sit down in the chair opposite me with his arms folded across his chest. I was discreetly checking him out because he was an handsome man, I'd give him that.

He was wearing a grey t-shirt that hugged his muscles and I could distinctly make out his sleeve tattoo. He was wearing a pair of shorts from what I had seen but I hadn't been paying much attention before he sat down.

He had a tapered fade haircut with a beard that really complimented his face and his lips looked so plump and juicy. His face matched his body because alot of men's faces didn't match their bodies.