SÎXTY FÏVĒ

Iyana McKinney

"Velle?" I called to her to get her attention. "Hello?" I called again and this time she turned her head to look at me.

"Huh?"

"A weh yah look pan mek yuh suh preoccupied?" She got up and walked over before holding her phone out to me. "Is that—."

"Yes."

"I thought you blocked him so why are you following up with him?"

"I got the pictures from an unknown number." People really have alot of time on their hands.

"How do you feel?"

"Wasted four years of my life with this man but I'm happy for him and I hope he treats her well, better than he did me."

"That's my girl." She was happy with her new relationship as far as I knew and he was treating her well as far as I knew because she hadn't said otherwise to me and she normally tells me everything.

"Atleast I'll be my niece's favourite aunt if no one marries me." She said with a smile as she rubbed my belly.

"Girl, shut up." I told her with a slight chuckle as Nasir walked into the room with Amyra trailing behind him.

"Are you ready to go babe?"

"Yeah." I reached out to him and he helped me up. "How do I look?"

"You look beautiful baby."

"Thanks."

"A weh unnu a guh?" Amyra asked as she made herself comfortable on the couch.

"Somewhere."

"Like?"

"Wi a wi own big ppl enuh, wi nuh affi tell yuh weh wi a guh."

"Suh unnu a hide tings from mi now?"

"Girl chill, it's not that serious."

"Mi neva did a talk to yuh still girl."

"But yuh inna di ppl dem bizniz an a mek it seem like dem entitled to telling yuh weh dem a guh."

"Yah wild stranger inna dah family yah suh act yuh position."

"So is she suh wah yah try seh? I never pretended to be apart of your family because mi nuh short a family but she's my friend just as much as she is yours so come again."

"Unnu done now please? Amyra wah wrong wid yuh?"

"Nthn. It's all good." She kissed her teeth and got up before shaking her head. "Have fun." She walked out of the room and I looked at Nasir.

"Leave it. She'll be alright but we gotta go." I knew my friend and I knew something was up with her, it had been for a while but every time I tried to sit her down to talk about it, she'd brush it off or change the subject.

"Okay." I'd keep trying because that was my girl and she had my back when I didn't even have my own back so I'd keep trying for as long as she needed me to.
••••••••••••••

Several knocks came at the bedroom door but I wasn't scared because I wasn't alone in the house and I knew it had to be one of them outside the door.

"Come in." The door opened and Amyra walked in. "Hey girly pop."

"Hey."

"Everything good?"

"Yeah." She came further into the room and locked the door behind her before walking over to the bed. "May I?"