ÑÎNË

Monday
7:25 pm
°°°°°°°°°°°°

I hurried to the door thinking that it was Nasir because I had left my purse in his car and I called him to bring it to me

I hurried to the door thinking that it was Nasir because I had left my purse in his car and I called him to bring it to me. He said he wasn't that far away from my apartment so he agreed to turn around and bring it back so I opened the door without checking it and that was the biggest mistake of my life.

He pushed the door causing me to stumble back before he grabbed my throat and walked me to the wall, slamming me against it and knocking the wind out of me.

"Yuh neva think mi did aguh find yuh eeh gyal?" I recognized the voice and I knew it was over for me. "Yuh think yuh could a send man gah jail an a live suh comfortable?" I clawed at his hands, trying to pry them off my neck but to no avail.

"P-Please? I'm s-sorry." I choked out because there was nothing I could say to him that would deter him from doing what he came to do tonight which was probably to kill me.

"Sorry? Yuh nuh fucking sorry yet likkle whoring gyal." His fist connected with the side of my face and I could taste blood in my mouth. "Afta everything weh mi duh fi yuh, a suh yuh repay mi? Mek dem lock mi up suh yuh could a guh fuck next man?" I could feel the tears streaming down my face and I jerked forward when he punched me in the stomach.

This brought back the memories of when he used to beat me like he was my father and I just had to take it, to save face because I couldn't dare let anybody know what went on behind closed doors.

"I'm sorry."

"Yah guh sorry, just wait." I closed my eyes and waited for the next blow but it never came and his hold on my neck loosened causing me to fall to the floor.

My eyes flew open and I sucked in a big gulp of air to soothe my burning throat but I did not expect to see Nasir and even then, I was still grateful to him for saving me.

I owed him my life because I didn't know if I would have survived whatever he had came to do to me. My eyes went wide when I saw Nasir pull out a gun and aim it at him causing him to crawl backwards into the wall.

"Dawg mi sorry, mi neva know she ave a man." How the tables have turned because not even a minute ago, I was the one telling him sorry and he wasn't showing me any mercy.

"Oh suh cause yuh Neva know she ave a man mean suh yuh ave nuh right fi a beat up di ppl dem daughter?"

"No bossy mi sorry."

"Shut up yuh mouth bwoy." Without taking his eyes off him, he turned his head slightly to look at me. "Are you okay Iyana?" My face was swelling up, I knew as much and my ribs were probably bruised from where he hit me but I was alive and that was all that mattered.

"Yeah."

He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. "Mi aguh call mi police bredren an mek him forward come tek yuh statement before taking out the trash."