SÏXTY

I quickly sat up in the bed with wide eyes as I scanned the room and I sighed in relief when I saw that I was in our hotel room and everything came rushing back to me

Was it all a dream?

I climbed out of bed and walked over to the mirror on the wall before lifting my shirt and examining my back but there weren't any wounds there to indicate that I had been stabbed.

Turning away, I glimpsed the ring on my finger and brought it up to my face to look at it so that meant the engagement was real and not a dream. The bathroom door opened and Nasir walked out with a towel wrapped around his waist. "Good morning beautiful."

"Good morning." I sighed in relief that it was all just a dream because that dream was so scary but I was mostly just stupid because I knew I could trust him to protect me and he had been doing a good job of that so far.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Uh, yeah." He raised his eyebrows and I smiled. "I slept so good." I was contemplating whether I should tell him about the dream or not but I decided against it. "I have something to tell you but just let me get cleaned up then we'll talk."

"Alright. Breakfast?"

"Yes please." He nodded his head and I walked past him into the bathroom.
°••••••••••••°

Sitting on his lap, I wrapped my arms around his neck and his arms snaked around my waist. "Please don't be mad when I tell you this?"

"What is it?"

"I took a few tests and I went to the doctor to confirm which she did."

"What?"

"I'm pregnant."

"Nah."

"Yes. Let me show you." I unlocked my phone and went to the email of the test results before turning the phone around so he could see. He took the phone and I watched with baited breath as he read over the results before his eyes found mine, and I waited to see his reaction. "You don't want—." He pulled me into a hug cutting me off and I wrapped my arms around him.

"I love you." He pulled away from the hug just enough to kiss me and I kissed him back. I couldn't lie and say that my heart wasn't filled with joy because it was, so much so to the point where I felt like it would explode.

"Can we keep it a secret for a little while longer?" I asked once we pulled away and I was only doing this because I was trying to be on the safe side.

"Anything for you."

"Thank you."

"Mi cyaan believe mi aguh be a father again." He said more to himself than to me with a smile making me smile.

"But there's going to be a 19 year age gap between Zahra and the baby."

"Free babysitting."

"We're not doing that." The baby wasn't her responsibility and I wouldn't force that on her.