Once Upon A Springtime (04)

Lea was left alone at the sitting room.

She then realized she doesn't know where she would go?

She doesn't even know where her chamber is located and she badly wanted to sleep.

"Madam, his highness instructed me to bring you to the royal chamber, I am Aurora and I am your personal court lady."

"Court lady?" She asked the newly arrived woman who is about her age, she's pretty she noted in her head, probably more beautiful and more taller than her.

"I am you personal assistant Ma'am, in-short utusan." The maid smiled kindly at her and she nodded.

She got what she meant.

"You're a filipina?" She asked.

"Half ma'am. Half Filipina, half Leandelian, just like almost everyone who lives here." She explained and again all she did was nod her head.

"Lahat ba ng tauhan dito sa palasyo, are really from here? I mean in Leandale?" She asked Aurora.

"Opo Ma'am. I'm sure you have read the myth about this place na?"

"Oo, but it is just a myth diba? Hindi naman yun totoo?" She asked in curiousity.

They are now walking towards the east wing where the royal chamber is located.

"No Ma'am. That really happened." She said meaningfully, and she looked at her and took a deep breath. "But not everything. Madami ang misteryong bumabalot sa lugar na ito Madam. It was true that the King and the Goddess Lia, met in 1905. Pero hindi totoo na bumalik siya after 3000 days. It took longer than that, she came back after 85 years, with no memories. Ang sabi, isinumpa daw ang pagmamahalan ng hari at ng Diyosa. May nagsasabi din na yung Diyosa daw is a woman out of her time kaya she cannot stay here longer than 1001 days." Pagpapatuloy pa niti sa kwento.

"Wait, if the myth said that the Goddess was the first inhabitant of this island and she lived here for a long time before they were cursed saan nanggaling ang mga tao dito? Paano kayo dumami?" She asked again.

The woman the smiled at her.

"It was the Goddess too Madam, before her one thousand and one day was finished after the curse, she prayed days and night from the twin enchanted waterfalls here that she is protecting, for companions for the King. The waterfalls granted her prayers, the Leandelians were sprouted from the falls, about ten of them, they are our ancestors but we are all considered sons and daughters of the Goddess Lia. As time goes by, may mga panahon na may naliligaw dito sa isla from the nearby country at hindi na sila nakakabalik, doon nanggaling yung mga balita na cannibal daw kami, but the truth is, once they step here, madalas ayaw na nila umalis, and sometimes nakakapag asawa sila ng Leandelians kaya dumadami kami.

"And you are not? Cannibals I mean."  She intercepted and Aurora smiled.

"No, but we are special Madam." The woman answered and flicked her hand and the door opened.

"Telekinesis, one of the power that the Goddess have gifted the Leandelians, whether we are pure bloodes Leandelians or not. We have it, and we age very slow here, Tempus non refert or in English---"

"Time doesn't matter." She finishes for the woman and in return, The woman's eye widened.

"You understand latin Ma'am?" 

"I don't, somehow-- I just knew." Nalilito na ding sagot niya.

"I think, you should rest for now Madam, if you need me just call me in your head and I'll be here." Anito and guided her inside the massive bedroom.

From the design of the room, it cannot be denied that it is the room of the King.

Huge bed, floor to ceiling window amd when she entered the bathroom she was shock to see that the tub/jacuzzi is a size of a small pool that can easily fit ten people! And just like the rest of the castle, everything is made out of marble.

She went to the closet where she found all her clothes on the left and the Kings wardrobe on the right.

She was not surprised to see not just her things also clothes, things and accessories for a woman, maybe the King hasn't thrown away the belongings of Queen Cordelia.

She really have the gut feeling that she is the Queen, but why does King Armand doesn't want her to be her?

Maybe he doesn't love the Queen anymore?

She just shrugged her shoulders and change her clothes, she opted to wear a thin nightdress and she felt comfortable that way.

When she returned to the bed chamber, she was surprised to see  Princess Ari and Percy waiting for her on one of the two huge couch inside the room.

"Mommy!" Both kids squealed and ran to hug her.

"Hello my babies!" She answered and gave them both kisses on their cheeks. "What are you doing here?" For some reasons, Lea doesn't feel that she just acting.

She really felt that she is their mother.

She cannot explain the lost of memories and why she just found Percy by her doorway one day two years ago, but as she stayed longer and longer here, the more she felt strange.

"You promised to read us a story Mommy!" Ari answered sweetly with her cute puppy eyes and Lea's heart just melted.

"Sure baby! What about you my love?" Baling niya kay Percy.

"You should see my room Mom! Everything is so cool! But I'll let you spend your time with Ari, I know she misses you, like the way I missed you when we were apart." The kid replied and eyes widened as if he said something wrong.

"I mean--- I miss you whenever you are busy." Her son said and Lea smirked.

Something is really fishy.

"Let's go to the crésche now!" Ari impatienly tugged on her dress and she had no choice but to stand-up.

She just grabbed her robe and wore it and let herself be dragged by the two kids, followed by two younger ladies who seems to be the another court ladies.

They rode the elevator, the crésche is two floors below the Royal chambers.

She wondered what powered the whole kingdom though.

"Everything here is powered by the water from the waterfalls Madam." A teenage girl answered as if she can read her mind.

"Are you a telepath?" She asked and one of the two court ladies chuckled before she answered.

"No Madam, only the King and his children hold such power, the royal bloods, we can only hear your thoughts if you call us by name through our minds. I just noticed that you seem to wonder about the elevator." The younger girl explained.

"Oh! I see. Where is the King anyway?" She just dismissed the thought, she almost forgot that the place she was in, is a mystical place but it doesn't scare her, it's as if she is used to it.

The thought that it is possible that she is the Queen of Leandale excites her and the same time it scares her as well.

"He's at the great hall Madam, there's royal banquet tonight, in celebration of Fifi's birthday."

"Who's Fifi?"

"The royal pet. Alaga po ni King Armand."

Nag-kibit balikat na lang siya.

What's with the royals and their obsession with pets?

"Mommy? Let's play with Fifi tomorrow!" She heard Ari said and she just smiled at the girl.

"Sure babe!" She answered and heard the two court ladies giggled at her answer.

Strange, she thought.

--------

AN : Any questions? Thoughts? Sorry I forgot to mention that this story is some kind of supernatural, I just wanted to try that genre, so yeah. We'll deal with magics and stuffs.  🤭