In The Land Where We Fall (07)

"Lea? Sweetheart? Are you alright?" In her dizzy state she heard her husband asking her.

She slowly opened her eyes and his worried face watching her.

"Call the doctor now!" He commanded a maid that probably heard her husband's shouting and they are now scared of him.

"No!" She quickly stops him. Once the doctor run their test they will find the poison on her blood and she have no idea on how she will answer his questions.

"I-I'm fine, nahilo lang ako bigla." She amswered him and he was pacified by that, thank goodness.

"If you're sure, pero napapansin ko din kasi, madalas wala kang gana kumain, are you sure okay ka lang?" He asked again and before she could answer naunahan na siya mg katulong.

"Maybe Madam si pregnant sire."

Aga looked at her questioningly amd she shook her head.

She can't be pregnant.

"We'll go to the doctor, I cannot rest without knowing if you are pregnant or not." He firmly said and she had no choice but to nod her head, he might get suspicious.

"Can't I just take a pregnancy test muna before going to the doctors?" She asked him sweetly as he carried her back to their bedroom.

Aga took a deep sigh but relented to her request.

"What if I am pregnant?" She asked him while they waited for one of Aga's people to arrive with the HPT.

"Then we are going to be a complete family!" Aga answered with twinkle in his eyes.

"And if I'm not?" She asked again.

"Then we have all the time in the world sweetheart and at least I will still get to enjoy you." He answered sweetly and kissed her palm. It sent tingles to her nerves and she cannot believe at what she was feeling.

It felt familiar and unfamiliar at the same time.

"You're not falling in-love with me are you?" She asked and Aga stilled.

"We'll I don't see anything wrong with that." He answered instead while looking at her intently.

"Are you?" She asked, and shw saw something flickered in his eyes.

"Believe it or not--- I was pretty much sure that I will fall in-love again the way I----" he stops, as if suddenly remembering that he shouldn't have said something.

"the way you fell for your ex-wife?" She absent-mindedly added.

"How'd you know about that?" Aga asked suspiciously.

Lea fidgeted, thinking if she should say something.

It was an honest slip of the tongue.

"I-ah-- found this." She said and handed him the paper that Robert gave her.

Aga accepted it but did not say anything.

"Look, you don't have to tell me anything and I am very sorry for bringing it up." She said, trying not yo sound like a nagging wife.

"No. It's alright, though I have nothing to say about it except that, she's gone." Aga answered and sighed as he closed his eyes.

Lea could feel it, it's a touchy subject. One that they shouldn't talk about.

It looks like he's not yet over a past love.

Could she hope for a better tomorrow when he was still stuck in the past?