Once Upon A Springtime (08)

"Wala akong gagawin today, what would you like to do?" Armand asked Lea while they are having lunch.

Days and weeks had past since they came to an agreement and so far, they are living peacefully in the palace like a normal couple with their children.

"Can we visit the whole kingdom? I mean I wanted to see like the whole Kingdom." She asked excitedly.

"Sure, but you'll have to wear a mask, you can't be seen." He replied and Lea couldn't be more happier.

"What about the kids? Are we going to bring them?" She asked again, she would want to visit the whole kingdom without the kids, she is not aware to what extent the dangers might be outside the palace wall but she doesn't want to risk it.

She heard that there are a group of "terrorist" in the kingdom, courtesy of her "marites" na alalay Aurora.

"No, we will leave them here. It won't do us any good kung tatlo pa kayong iisipin ko ang safety, lalo na si Ariela." He said and her forehead creased.

"This kingdom is matriarchial Lea, and with Lia gone, it has no Queen for almost four years now and Ariela is the next in line to be a Queen, the council was well aware of this that is why they wanted me to marry Alice. I needed a Queen or this Kingdom will fall to the ground." He explained but she still don't get it.

"To what extent? I mean what do you mean it would fall?" She asked and saw his jaw tightened.

"The palace was built by magic Lea, I built it with my love for the Queen in my mind, and without a Queen it will be destroyed to ashes and I wouldn't want that to happen, I promised on Cordelia's grave that I will do my best to keep this palace standing no matter what the price is."

"And you think it was Alice? That marrying Alice will keep that from happening?" She asked, and the bitterness in her voice is palpable.

"There was no other way." He answered and looked at her intently.

"But you don't love her." She said, challenging him.

"And I never will, I told you, I will only love my wife. I only need a Queen, not someone to love." He answered as if dismissing the topic so Lea just chose to keep her mouth shut.

"Get yourself ready, we will leave in an hour. I will fetch you later." He said and stood-up from his seat.

"Where are you going?" She asked puzzled.

"To the kids." He answered and Lea just nodded.

The kids are having their classes at the crésche, she already went to there early this morning.

The kids have classes three times a week and they usually eat there with their teacher during those days.

From what she gathered the Kingdom also have schools from kindergarten to College but as Royals, their children are of course an exemption.

-------------------

"Daddy!" Ari greeted her father and immediately went to him to have him carry her.

"Hello princess!" He greeted her and kissed her cheeks then put her down and turn to her brother.

"Perseus! Aren't you going to give Daddy a hug?" He asked Percy and reluctantly her brother went to their father and hugged him.

"Daddy, I saw Pappous." Her brother said and Ari's eyes widened.

"You did too?!" She answered and her Dad's eyes flicked over to her, she immediately covered her mouth.

Her grandfather told her it's their secret.

She realized she cannot really keep a secret, her and her big mouth just cannot help it sometimes.