In The Land Where We Fall (05)

Fall of 2000 - Present time
Perth, Australia

"You never did it, didn't you?" Rowie asked her after a moment.

Lea shook her head.

"No, although it isn't about me not trying because I did." She answered, not saying that it took her a month before she tried to poison her husband.

"What kind of poison was that anyway?" The other woman asked again.

"I'm not even sure, but I was instructed to give him small doses until he got sick slowly and will eventually kill him as time goes by." She said.

"And you didn't poison him because?"

"At first, I never did because I wasn't given the chance or every time I will try something stops me from doing so." She narrated as her mind brought her back a few months back again.

--------------

Fall of 2000
Two month ago
Perth, Australia

Lea slowly opened her eyes after their lips parted and she cannot help the smile that graced her lips when she saw him staring at her.

"Ready to go?" He asked as he offered his hand to guide her into the carriage.

She just nodded and accepted the offered hand.

"I wasn't really from this place, I just acquired this property three years ago." She was startled when he suddenly speaks while she busied herself looking at the scenery through the window of the carriage.

"Why chose this place?" She asked.

"Because of the sea. All trades are easier if you are near the sea." He said, she can feel that he was telling the truth but she felt like he was hiding something else.

She wanted to ask but she chose not to.

"What about you?" He asked and she looked at him confusedly, unsure of what he meant by his question.

"Why are you really here?" He added and she blinked her eyes.

Her hands went cold and sweaty, she knew what she was meant to say as she practice her answers to this kind of question but there is something intimidating about this guy.

She cleared her throat.

"For you." She answered instead, while looking at him in the eyes.

He looks surprised, clearly he wasn't expecting her answer. She cannot blame him as she was not expecting her answer too.

He then smiled after a few seconds.

"Why? And don't bother to butter me up. We are already married." He said mockingly and she felt irritated.

For a moment she thought----

"I myself admit that you are worth the price I paid for Lea. I believe, as my wife, you are a perfect fit. We clearly fit to each other, especially in bed." He  added.

She was trying to find the sarcasm on his voice but she found none, it was like he was just stating a fact.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes briefly.

"I used you Aga." She said honestly.

If he was surprised by it, he never lets her see it, instead he kept mum, as if waiting for whatever she had to add in her words.

"You said it yourself, you bought me. You have no idea what you saved me from when you did. I used you so I can be free from them. I used you as a mean to escape." She tried to tell him the truth without actually telling him the truth.