Once Upon a Springtime (12)

"It's been three days, Ernesto! Three days since she has gone missing!" Armand vented out to his chief soldier/friend.

It's been three days since Cordelia vanished without a trace, he only found her letter.

He knew she was not due to disappear yet.

They supposed to have four days from that day.

Their 1001 day should have been tomorrow and until now there was no trace of her anywhere in the whole kingdom.

His friend didn't answer but just looked at him with pity in his eyes.

"Mommy!" The excited Ari ran pass him and there she saw her, wearing a beautiful dress, every inch of her is screaming the Goddess that she is.

"Hello Princess! Did you miss me?" He heard Cordelia asked the little girl while he cannot even move from where he is standing.

He cannot make out of what they are saying in the background, he just went blank.

He didn't even noticed that she's now standing in front of him.

"Hey! I'm sorry. I---" he didn't let her finish what she was saying and just pulled her into a bone crushing hug.

"I miss you! Where have you been? God, I was so worried!" He said as she felt her hug him back.

Everyone left them at the throne room even Ariela, maybe to give them a bit more privacy.

"I missed you too Armand." She replied but her voice sounded unsure, as if she was hesitating to tell him more.

He slowly let her go and looked at her in the eyes.

"What happened?" He asked while leading her to sit on her throne beside his own seat, when she took her seat, instead of sitting beside her, he chose to kneel in front of her while holding her hand.

She seemed to be in a deep thought and he waited patiently.

"My-- ahm-- my father took me." She answered, fear and confusion was evident in her eyes.

"What did he do? Did he lift the curse already?" He asked, hoping that it was the case but to his dismay she shook her head.

"He took me to the in-between Armand, in the limbo, you know that place right?" She asked him, of course he does.

It's the place between life and death and when he was still an angel, it was the place where they fetch the spirit of those people before crossing the bridge of eternal life.

He didn't know that Earth's Goddesses can go there too though.

Earth's God and Goddesses live in the place that they are meant to protect.

"Why? Did you die?" He asked. He tried not to worry but he cannot help it.

"I was sent there to help someone go back." She said, still unsure of whether she'll tell him or not.

"W-who?" He asked, although he already have a vague idea.

"I'm not allowed to tell, but-- Armand. There is something out there, something bigger than our curse and I'm scared. I'm scared that once I disappear, I might not be able to go back." She said frantically and Armand must admit he too felt the same.

He is afraid too.

"Listen, no matter where you are, I promise, I will find you okay?" He assured her even if he too is not sure of what might happen.

It was easy to say that, it was easy to promise something but the reality is that, it was harder to keep them.

"After tomorrow, I'm not even sure if we will still remember each other. The only reason why you can still remember me now was because we didn't get to finish the 1001 days----"