Once Upon A Springtime (10)

"Lea! Get back to the carriage now!" Armand commanded Lea.

They are outside the carriage because Lea found the flowers fascinating. It was spring time and the flowers are in bloom.

It's beautiful, the day is beautiful, Lea is beautiful.

Apprently the incoming danger is not beautiful.

Malayo pa lang, he can already sense it.

"Why? What is happening?" She asked, but before he can even respond, a bomb detonates and they were thrown backwards because of the impact.

The guards must have been too shocked to react fast.

He immediately teleported to Lea and anger seeps through him when he saw her bruises.

"Lea, Lea! Are you okay?" He asked while trying to carry her.

He's never been more afraid in his life seeing her limp body.

Using his power he tried to concentrate to teleport them back to the palace but the shooting of guns made it difficult for him so instead, he concentrated on teleporting them inside the carriage.

"Pietro! Bring the Queen back to the Palace now!"

"But your highness, you also needs to come with us!"

"I need to fight so we can put an end to this." He answered as he pulled out a gun under their seat.

"Don't go!" Suddenly he heard Lea's voice pleading for him.

"I need to." He answered and gave her a quick peck on the lips and he went down the carriage, he already called for reinforcement through his connection with the kids.

They will know what to do.

"Armand!!!" Lea shouted but he used his power to make the horses run faster.

When he was sure that the carriage is far enough he signalled his men to round-up.

Shooting can still be heard everywhere.

"King Armand!" One of his guard shouted when he suddenly felt a sharp searing pain on his abdomen.

He was shot. He may be immortal but he can still feel pain.

"Go and escape your highness! You need to be treated right away. The bullets they are using is made out of silver." Ernesto said as he dragged him behind a tree.

Silver. That explains why it hurts too much.

"Take care Ernesto, make sure you will find out who those bastards are." He said as he will himself to teleport.

He cannot go back to the palace. There's only one place that can make him heal.

Aeryn.

--------------------

"Minnie! Are you sure he's okay now?" He heard a very familiar voice and felt deja vú when he came back to his senses.

The last thing he remembered was teleporting to Aeryn before he passed out.

He took his time to collect himself, trying to feel if something else is wrong with him.

Luckily, aside from a little dizziness he felt good now.

"Cissy, I know you miss him but don't move too much, you might wake him up!" That voice, it's really familiar.

Slowly, he opened his eyes and saw her face.

In his foggy state of mind he open his mouth to speak.

"Le-Lea?" He asked upon realizing who he is with.