Once Upon a Springtime (09)

How it started .....

"Gabriel, tumakas ka na naman?" Michael asked him.

He was again caught by his fellow angel watching Cordelia from the Angel's Den somewhere between the mortal and the immortal realm..

Since he saw Cordelia years ago, all he wanted is to be with her.

He will even sneak-out every now and then just so he could visit her.

It wasn't until a year ago when he had the courage to finally show himself to him.

Ever since then, he will always sneak out to meet with her.

Loving her is forbidden. He is an angel, created to protect and not to love but he was also created because of love so he doesn't see anything wrong with that.

"I want to be a mortal Michael." He said out of the blue.

"What? And give-up all of these? Your wings, your imortality?!" Michael ubelievably asked.

"I'm willing to risk it all for her Michael." He seriously said as he looked at the middle of the garden where the tree of fate is located.

It very much look like the forbidden tree inside the garden of Eden and just like that tree, it was forbidden to eat that fruit as well.

Maybe the highest God put it there to test if they are worthy angels.

He was also aware that eating the fruit of that tree will grant you one wish, one wish that is not reversible.

"Gabriel, anong iniisip mo? Iniisip mo bang kumain ng prutas at hilingin na maging isa kang mortal?" Tanong pa ni Michael.

"Hindi, hihilingin ko maging kalahating mortal, so I can atleast keep some of my powers, so I can still protect her." He seriously said.

"You cannot have the best of both worlds Gabriel, you know that." Michael warned him.

Of course he knows that! Every wish has a price afterall, but he is willing to risk it for Cordelia.

Gabriel stood-up from where he was seated and flew over to the tree of fate.

The tree is guarded by a white dragon with blue and green eyes named Odigós or the guide.

"Odigós, my friend!" He greeted the mighty dragon with a smile on his face.

"Gabriel! The angel of mischief! What do you need this time? Wipe that face off your face! I know that look, you are planning something naughty again!" The dragon huffed causing smokes to got out fron it's nose and Gabriel laugh at that.

"No, no, my friend! I'm hurt that you would think that way of me!" He answered.

"Armand Gabriel, do you remember the last time you visited me here? You brought marshmallows on stick that you got from Earth and asked me to breathe on it because you wanted to try "s'morons" that those humans loves to eat!" The dragon stated in annoyance and Gabriel laughed again.

"Odigós, that's not fair, first of all it was called "s'more's and not s'morons that's a bad word! Our Father will be mad once he heard you say that! And admit it, you enjoyed it too!" He insisted and saw the truth that reflected on the dragon's eyes.

"It was sweet I must admit, but what do you really need this time Gabriel? Surely you are not here just to chat!" The dragon said again and with that Gabriel took a deep breath.