11 || Sister Demands

Warning: This chapter mentions physical abuse. If you are sensitive to this subject, please read at your own risk.

****

Aprils' Apartment

Although not as intelligent as his brother Donnie, Michelangelo is able to recognize when something is seriously wrong with one of his siblings. Mikey frequently observes Donnie using his devices, playing with his notebook and pencil, listening to music in private while wearing a headset, or conversing with April and Casey. Donnie has not spoken much since they arrived at April's apartment. Mikey watched Donnie stare into space, his eyes bland and his facial expressions motionless as if he could see something going on inside his head, witnessing the future of some sort.

"Yo, Don." Mikey said aloud, only grabbing his four-eyed brother's attention. Don looked at Mikey, only looking at him in response to his words. "Meet me on the balcony." He gestured to the window of O'Neil's home.

Luckily, this apartment concealed the Brothers' appearance since the building itself is hidden amongst other skyscrapers and shorter buildings and overlooked an alley with graffiti on the walls and dark water puddles. It's incredibly rare for an individual to come to this part of the city and possibly see a pair of mutant brothers conversing on the balcony. "Okay, man." Mikey climbed out to the balcony and waited for Donnie to come through, too, and feel the morning rain trickle down the sides of the building and metal stairs and ladder. Michelangelo shut the window and looks up at his tall sibling. "What's going on with you?"

"Me?" Donnie scoffed, leaning over the edge of the balcony to look down at wet concrete and a few dumpsters. "Dude, nothing is wrong. I'm just a little bit quiet this morning."

Mikey chuckled, patting his brother's shoulder. "Donnie, Donnie, Donnie... I may be stupid but I am not that stupid. When I see something wrong with one of my brothers, I just know. So tell me what's going on with you. Ever since we met that girl last night, you've been a little weird. I mean you are weird, but I don't mean like--"

"Mikey, what are you trying to ask beside me 'acting weird'?" Don looked at him, the rain soaking his mask. The water droplets were covering the lens of his glasses, too.

"Nothing." Michelangelo noticed that there may be something more to Donnie's strange behavior. He was only asking why his brother was acting funny and instead Don hinted toward another possible issue. "What's going on? Is this about the girl? The attacker? What is it?"

Don swallowed his thick saliva, trying to clear his throat so he could speak clearly without trampling or showing signs of anxiety. "Mikey," He says quietly, looking from the side of his eye to make sure there were no people on the rooftops or below. Don feels it's best to say this as faintly as possible and hope it isn't repeated. "Indigo. She seems suspicious to me. Like, very suspicious."

"She's sus?!" Mike shouts, causing Donnie to hiss and slap his hand over his childish brother's lips.

"SHH!" Don held Mikey against him. Inside, April, Casey, and the other Brothers gaze at the window and see Mikey and Donnie making a small scene. Leo stares at them through the glass and gives them a glare of annoyance. Don smiled awkwardly, removing his hand from Mikey. "Shut up and listen, please." He released Mikey and took a step backward.

"Cool, cool. I'm listening and shutting up." Mikey says.

The nerd let out a deep sigh of relief. "I don't know for sure, but Indie has a scar on her jaw," He said. "Just like Violetta."

Mikey's eyes are very glossy, feeling the whirlwind of fear stir inside his stomach. "She--She...No way. Really?"

"I'm looking into it." Says Donnie. "But, Mikey, you cannot say a word of this to Leo or Raph. Not Dad either." He enunciated clearly to his chatty brother. "I need to see this for myself."