Chapter 27: Fumolocus

Back inside the tent they poured over the papers, Ominis straining a bit as his wand struggled to read a few of them as well.

"These are... extensive plans." Diane said in shock. Movements of each party of Forsaken, planned down to the day. Information on the movements of the ashwinders. Maps of each camp they had taken over... whoever planned this had been working on this for a long time.

"It's as if they're trying not to be caught by someone." Ominis said, reviewing the list of supplies and letting out a sound of shock. "Two hundred wiggenweld potions?!"

"That's...!" Diane was shocked at the sheer number they'd ordered. "What are they expecting?"

"Well if I had to guess I'd say they're expecting a certain red haired ancient magic wielding witch to come their way." Ominis smirked wryly.

"All this to avoid me?" She said, looking down at the papers in shock.

"What worries me is that it's someone that seems to know how you move. Look at this." He pointed the tip of his wand against a paper.

'I've told you a thousand times. STAY OUT OF FELDCROFT.'

Diane felt her breath catch. They didn't know about the house, did they?

"I don't like the fact that they know where I'll be." She said darkly.

"Nor I. I think it might be wise if we tried to be unpredictable." Ominis took his wand away from the paper, not wanting to strain the wand too much. All he needed was for it to go on the fritz while he was out here.

"How would we do that?" Diane frowned.

"Well, if I were the leader of a gang of rogue wizards, I would expect my rival to slowly chip away at each camp. It would be the best way to weaken me." Ominis started.

"But they ordered a ton of potions, so it wouldn't actually weaken them!" She said in realization.

"Exactly." He nodded. "So instead we should do what they don't expect and attack the main camp as soon as possible."

Diane grinned eagerly at the idea of a challenge. "You're really good at strategy, Ominis. I never would have thought of that."

"I'm glad I could help." He chuckled softly. "You do like battle, don't you?"

"It's exciting." She smiled sweetly. "I like the thrill it gives, though not necessarily the danger. It's why I like class dueling especially."

"Ah, and that's why you like dueling with Sebastian so much." Ominis understood, now. She knew Sebastian wouldn't hurt her yet would go all out against her.

"Alright, let's take a few of these and head back so we can figure out more. I don't want to risk more forsaken coming along." Diane grabbed some of the longer pages and folded them to bring them back to Hogwarts with them.

"Sounds good. Is it getting late?"

"It's about sunset." Diane answered while folding.

"We should head back anyway, we don't want to be after curfew. Weasley will give us another detention." Ominis chuckled.

"And right before Christmas break." Diane sighed in dismay. "I don't want to risk our trip back to Feldcroft."

Ominis perked up at the subject. "That's right... that's the end of this week."

"Yup." Diane smiled warmly. "I'm really looking forward to it."

"Me too." Ominis said softly. "Let's get going then, sweet."