Chapter 28: Winter Dreams

Alright everyone, put on some soft winter ambiance music and get buckled up. This particular part of the story will be cut into two, because of... some scenes. Most will be in this story, but there will also be a Christmas In Feldcroft story that will be rated M.

As they get older their relationship will of course grow more mature, so later on this story will likely have to end and I'd switch over to a sort of sequel that will also be rated M. Very M. Extremely M. I have it all planned out for the most part now lol It will be one hell of a ride. There's a lot of twists and turns coming.

———————-

Saying goodbye to Poppy for the holidays was bittersweet, but she couldn't help but be eager for the winter break. Going back to the house felt like returning to where everything had begun this last summer. It had only been months ago, yet it felt like a lifetime. So much had changed since Ominis had initially asked her if she wanted to live with him.

"You ready?" Ominis asked, the scarf she'd made him wrapped right around his neck as his breath made clouds in the cold air. Snow fell around them in gentle flakes, landing on his hair and shoulders.

"Yeah, I'm ready." She smiled, moving over to Highwing who waited patiently for them.

She knew they could travel there easily by floo powder, but flying on Highwing felt better. She remembered how much Ominis had enjoyed the flight on their way to London, and wanted to have him experience it again.

After helping him up onto Highwing she climbed up in front of him, letting Highwing know they were ready to go.

Ominis held onto her tighter this time, wrapping his arms around her waist to hold her against him while his chin rested on her shoulder. She felt flustered from how close he was while they flew, glancing to the side to see his serene expression as the wind blew his hair out of its usual neat style.

She smiled warmly, getting an idea. "Do you want to try something?" She asked, not having to yell because of how close they were.

He opened his eyes, curious to what she had in mind. "Sure." He smiled.

Diane took each of his hands in hers, slowly unwrapping them from her waist. She interlaced their fingers on both their hands before stretching her arms out to either side. Their hands connected gave him an anchor so he wouldn't feel unstable, but she wanted him to experience the rush of this.

He was admittedly a bit nervous when she started taking his arms away from her, but calmed again when their hands clasped so tightly together. He felt the wind and snow pelting at them as they stretched their arms out, laughing at how thrilling it felt.

With no contact other than his legs, it felt as if he were flying, the wind rushing into his hair and across his arms. He savored the moment as much as he could, but eventually Diane needed to get her hands back to direct Highwing.

"That was amazing." Ominis said against her hair while he wrapped his arms back around her.

He gave a wicked little smile against her curls before he moved his head to kiss her neck, smiling against her skin as she gasped at the touch. He continued with soft little kisses, liking to hear her flustered from his touch.

"O-Ominis-" she stammered, her face red as she tried to concentrate on directing Highwing.

"Hmm?" He said innocently as if he didn't understand what was wrong, but gave a soft chuckle and moved his chin back to her shoulder again.

Diane felt her heart hammering wildly from the kisses, wondering just what she was in for with this vacation. She had definitely liked it, that was for sure, but feeling those tingles he seemed to give her combined with the rush of heat was a bit overwhelming.