Not So Normal Restart Pt.1

Aki woke up. He looked around. Denji was sleeping, surrounded by dogs. Power slept close by, Meowy on her chest. 

"It's nice having someone else up this early." Nayuta said from behind. Aki still hadn't gotten used to the idea of living with the new control devil, but Denji made it clear she was good this time around. 

"Shouldn't someone as young as you still be sleeping?" 

"Not when you can sense when something bad's about to happen. I've gotten used to waking up early and randomly." 

"Well, I'm going to have a smoke." Aki was on his way to the balcony, which had permanently closed blinds since Denji was super famous.  

"I have a question." 

"What is it?" 

"Do you cook better than Denji?" 

"Yes, why?" 

"I need a change of tastes, so please cook after your smoke." 

Aki smirked. "Will do." 

... 

After a delicious breakfast, like the old days, Denji and Power went on patrol. Denji had been silent for the better part of 30 minutes. 

"What silences your mouth?" 

"The fans." 

"Huh?" 

"Power since you've been gone, a few things have changed. One of them is that I'm super famous now." 

"Yes, you have said this many times. What about it?"

"If people overhear me-" 

"That sounded like-it is! Denji!" 

"Denji! Where!?" 

"Chainsaw Man is here!?" 

"That happens." Now, on top of a building, the 2 looked at a group of fans staring and yelling at them. 

"I love you Denji!" 

"You rock dude!" 

"Like, who's that chick with him?" 

"I'd ship it." 

"Shut it Greg." 

"Ok." 

"Yo, is that girl, I don't know, single?" 

"Don't you know how much damage you're doing to the city!?" 

"Is this how it usually is?" Power asked. 

"Pretty much." 

"Come, we shall hide out!" Power yelled, while yanking Denji. 

The crowd was pissed, but as the two darted away, the angry chants got quieter. 

"Perfect." 

"Where are we?" 

"Tis a place I found when I came back. No one knows of it." 

"Cool." It was at this moment, Denji felt a bit weird. It was like he suddenly felt very aware he was alone with Power. He's never felt this way before around her, so why know? 

"Your mine chainsaw!"