Ch. 25

『a/n: im sorry for late updates.』

•••

Jaewon was hesitant to whether answer the phone call or not. It has been ringing for a while and the other customers dining in starts to look at us. It started to annoy me.

“Why won't you pick up the phone? It might be an emergency. Answer it because people are starting to look at our table.” I told him since it's bothering me how people started to pay attention to his phone ringing.

“I'm so sorry, love. I'll just answer this, okay? I will be back in a minute I promise.” He got up from his seat and kissed my head before walking towards the exit.

I started to wonder why would he ignore such phone call. He probably does not want to rude considering it might ruin our date. He promised to make it up to me and he's doing his best to show it.

A few minutes later, Jaewon still hasn't been back. It maybe something very important that it took him a while to respond. I kept eating my food while waiting for him. I ate slowly so we could still catch up. But minutes went to an hour, still no signs from him. So I entertained myself by scrolling through my phone.

sm is a hell
groupchat

chicago:
fuck it

osakaboi:
why what happend?

leetaeyong:
if johnny curses, something
really bad happened.
really really bad.

chicago:
i want to leave this hell shit place

hansol:
tell us

moontae:
he's not part of exo project
debut line up. he was cut off.

osakaboi:
damn, that's fucked up.

me:
sorry to hear that john :(
I'll treat u some ice cream tomorrow
we're here for u!

osakaboi:
how about me?
you owe me some ice cream too!

leetaeyong:
i want some too

***

My texting was interrupted when the waitress came. I did not noticed that it has been almost two hours passed since I was left alone. And the restaurant seems to be going to close anytime soon.

“I'm sorry for interrupting you, ma'am. But we're closing in a few minutes. Here is your bill.” The waitress handed me the bill. I was afraid to look at it since I have no idea how expensive the food were. Besides, I don't have enough money with me.

“Five hundred thousand won?” I whispered to myself. I started to get more anxious while calculating how much was it in USD.

“That's like three hundred seventy USD? What the hell. How am I going to pay for this? I only have like twenty in my pocket.” I said to myself not knowing what to do. I told the waitress that I'll call her when I'm ready so she head back to the counter.

I hope for Jaewon to come back but still no appearance of him. Panicking and cold sweat, I tried to call him multiple times already and no answer. I was getting mad but I didn't mind because all I want is to settle this and leave the place.