Ch. 24

Due to Simon being so overprotective, and my brother telling him to watch over me, I ended up staying over to their place for a while.

The place was quite spacious and cozy. The only cons staying here is that it's far from my school. It will take time for me to go there. I have to wake up early to arrive at school on time. Worse is, I haven't slept for the past 24 hours due to studying for finals.

“You wake up early.” Simon said while pouring water  into his glass, half asleep. Behind him was Jay, who just got home from work.

“I didn't sleep, I'm reviewing. ” I told him while sipping my 8th cup of coffee.

“Damn girl, why study hard when your brother is GD.” Jay said looking at me like I'm some kind of half dead zombie.

“Because I actually want to have a career on my own, idiot. How am I supposed to have a nice job without studying? Duh.” I rolled eyes and continued writing. Simon was laughing at my clapback.

“Okay, okay. Chill. Geez. Point taken.” Jay replied as he puts up his two hands on the air. Simon then sat across my seat with his glass of water, untouched.

“What do you want to be, Jilin? Do you have something to pursue in the future?” Simon asked.

I wasn't sure. I want to be in the medical field, but since other opportunities have been coming to me recently, I have thought of becoming an idol. But that thought comes with worries and doubts. I don't want to be just a shadow of my brother.

“I was thinking taking up pre-med degree program in college. Or maybe, fine arts?” I said, swirling the strands of my hair.

“I mean, you're hella smart and artistic. Whatever you choose, you'll do great for sure.” Simon said and smiled at me like a proud dad.

“Becoming an idol has never crossed your mind?” Jay asked the question I was expecting. Not quite sure what to answer. Fortunately, my phone rang. It was the alarm.

“Oh noes, I have to get ready for school. I don't wanna be late because I have exams to take today.” I said rushing to the bathroom.

•••

I hope to arrive on time at school, not minding the traffic the bus I was riding stuck in. I had to entertain myself for a while, so I opened my phone.
I received a text from Crystal.

06:15 am

crystal:
what the hell kwon jilin

me:
what now

crystal:
jaewon is literally cheating on you
i saw him today
he's with that hyebin again
they're LINKING ARMS AND THE
GIRL KISSED JAEWON

me:
i forgave him and i love him, crystal
she's just his friend, he said it to me

crystal:
you're head over heels with that boy
it's concerning how you're tolerating his
behavior and manipulated by his lies
it's obvious on those pics
get it together, Jenn

me:
why are you like this?
you don't have proof to start with, so why would i listen to you?
are you purposely making his image bad to me?
what for? because i don't hang with you often?
you're being a bitch

crystal:
wow.
as your friend, i am concerned about you
why would i make lies to hurt you?
but okay, go on.
seen 06:20 am