Ch. 27

Differences take a huge part of drifted relationships. Whether how much they try to understand each others' personality and learning their hobbies or interests, if things don't work, it won't really work out. But if the both party wants to go through it, they must be willing to do everything to make it work. A little bit of patience and compassion takes a leap to a better relationship.

No matter how hard it was, and it will be, I must do everything while I'm at it. Loving him while I still have love to give is my last resort.

“Hey. What are you doing here?” Johnny asked when he found me, all alone with my thoughts here, out of the woods.

“Just.. you know, sorting my thoughts.” I said not even looking at him and just kicking the rock.

“Do you love him that much?” He definitely read my mind. I smiled to myself, foolishly.

“I do.”

“Even though it only brings you pain? Nothing but only pain?” He sounded so concerned. I stood there, silent for a moment. He got a point but I have my own reasons. Reasons that can make people think I am going insane.

“Yes. Because that's the thing with me. I love unconditionally, John. I will love a person even though it's not reciprocated. I will give what I have and what I can. I will love a person because I simply can. And there's nothing I expect to receive. That's how I love.”

“I admire how you love but that doesn't mean it should be like that always. I hope you should know when to stop. Because loving someone hard won't change them. If it's all pain, then it's not worth it. So please, think about it carefully, again.” He dropped the most logical advice I've ever heard. I just nodded.

“Well, she wouldn't listen to that for sure because she's stubborn. You missed that part out, and that's why I'm her bestfriend for a reason.” Yuta popped out of nowhere. He smiled at me, tapping my back.

“Oh well. Not my problem.” John said and shrug, leaving me and Yuta alone.

“Ah right, your phone keeps beeping. We should have camped far top off that mountain where there's no signal.” He said rolling his eyes and handed me my phone.

I didn't bother to open it since my goal was to meditate and be free from my thoughts

I didn't bother to open it since my goal was to meditate and be free from my thoughts. It wouldn't help me if I keep checking my phone from time to time.

***

Taeyong was done cooking our dinner. While John and Doyoung was preparing for the table and utensils. Meanwhile, the twins, Yuta and Hansol, was playing badminton. Jaehyun on the other hand, took a nap inside the tent. And all I did was to taste the food they were cooking. I was thankful to Taeyong because he made a kimchi fried rice with spam and lots of cheese, only for me.

When everything was settled, Doyoung asked me to wake up Jaehyun who was sleeping soundly. So I went to the tent and tried to wake him up. After a few seconds, I've successfully woke him up. I heard the guys were calling us for dinner so we hurried and went.