Ch. 17

Happy New Year! xoxo

■■■

Its the last two weeks of this school year and finally we'll be out promoted for high school this spring.

"We'll be spending 12 hours at school starting this March." I heard Crystal complaining and let out a heavy sigh. I tapped her back.

"That's insane. Especially for people like me who doesn't like school. You call it a nightmare." I said as I collect my things and put inside my bag. The bell rang.

"By the way, who's coming with you for the ceremony? Is your brother going home?" Crystal asked as she stands up, packing her things. I grabbed my backpack.

"My brother is busy performing for people." I said as we head out from the building down to the school gate.

"Yeah right. Their last comeback was a bomb! They never fail everyone with their music. Everyone's singing along to Fantastic Baby." She exclaimed and I just watched her reaction and giggle.

"Oh wait--" she stopped walking when we're near at the school gate. I look at her puzzled.

"That guy caught my attention. He's very.. handsome. Look Ji Lin!" she said keeping her sight on that certain guy at the gate. I looked at it and somehow, I felt my knees got weak so sudden.

My jaw dropped to the realization.

He waved at me as we got closer to his place.

"What are you doing here?" I directly asked him. I can feel all the girls looking at him.

"I texted you early this morning, remember? I told you I'll pick you up at your school" he said and smiled.

Oh shit right I forgot. I thought.

"And who is this guy?" Crystal snapped. I gave her an awkward smile. She looked at me like she's needed the truth.

"Uh, Crystal by the way this is Jaewon--" I wasn't able to finish what I was saying when Crystal choked with her own saliva. She pulled me hurriedly and leaned closer to my ears.

"That guy you met through that call? The guy you went out on a date last October? He is that guy?" She whispered.

"That wasn't a date!" I protested not realizing my loud voice. Crystal let go of me and faced Jaewon.

"You've been hanging out with her?" she asked him sternly like a mother meeting her child's boyfriend.

Oh, erase that thought.

"Yes, every weekends." He answered which made Crystal's eyeballs almost out. I sighed for the fact that it's true and I didn't tell her anything about it.

"Every weekends!?" she exclaimed and glared at me. I gave out a peace sign and smiled nervously. She rolled her eyes and gave up.

"Okay. I'll forgive you but let's talk later when you got home girlie. You got a lot explanations to do." She said as she waves her hand saying goodbye and blast off leaving us two. I cleared my throat.

"I'm sorry about that. My bestfriend is a bit sassy." I apologize in behalf of Crystal's sassiness. He just shrugged and grabbed my hand.

"Let's go." He said and pulled me. I stopped him.

"Where are we going?" I asked and he smiled. I feel butterflies in my stomach.

"To your house. C'mon, we've been hanging out in my place for the past months." he said and pulled me again. I let out a heavy sigh.

■■

"What the heck." He said reacting to the movie we were watching. I giggled and grabbed some chips directly shoving it to my mouth.