10

Friday morning 8:00- Inessa

Inessa woke up feeling a bit off. Her head was pounding, and she felt nauseous. She knew she had to do something to make herself feel better, and the first thing that came to mind was her mother's chicken soup. It was a recipe that had been passed down through generations, and it always managed to make her feel better.

She stumbled into the kitchen, feeling a bit lightheaded. As she started to gather the ingredients, she heard Elijah's voice.

"Who is cooking so delicious at eight in the morning?" he asked, as he walked into the kitchen.

Inessa smiled weakly at Elijah. He was one of the few people in the house who she felt truly comfortable around. "Just making some chicken soup," she said, her voice a bit scratchy from her sore throat.

"Chicken soup? Disgusting," Elijah said, making a face.

Inessa rolled her eyes, but she knew he was just joking. "No, no, this one is different. It's my mom's recipe," she said, stirring the pot of simmering soup.

Elijah leaned over to take a look, his nose twitching at the delicious aroma. "Okay, fine. Maybe I'll give it a try," he said, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

Inessa couldn't help but smile at Elijah's easygoing nature. He always knew how to make her feel better, even when she was feeling sick. As she continued to cook, she felt a bit of the tension in her shoulders start to ease.

The soup was ready in no time, and Inessa poured herself a bowl. She took a sip and immediately felt her spirits lift. It was just as she remembered it, warm and comforting.

As she ate, she chatted with Elijah, telling him about her plans for the day. They talked and laughed together, and Inessa felt her headache start to fade away.

By the time she finished her soup, she was feeling much better. She hugged Elijah and thanked him for keeping her company.

"Anytime, Inessa," he said, giving her a warm smile.

As she made her way back to her room, Inessa felt grateful for the people in her life who knew just how to take care of her. She knew that no matter what challenges she faced, she had a support system that would always be there for her.

On her way back to Mira's room, Inessa froze as she saw Vincent approaching her. Memories of their fight from the other night flooded her mind, and she instinctively took a step back.

"Inessa, please. I'm sorry. I was drunk," Vincent said, his voice full of remorse.

"No shit, Sherlock," Inessa said, her voice cold and distant.

Vincent took a step closer, but Inessa backed away again. "Please don't be scared of me," he pleaded.

Inessa shook her head. "How can I not be scared of you? You were yelling so hard that I thought you'd hurt me, Vincent. That's not okay," she said, crossing her arms.