30

Inessa woke up to an empty bed, feeling a sense of unease as she stretched out her limbs. As she got dressed for the day, a feeling of restlessness settled within her. She had a nagging intuition that something wasn't right.

Just as she was about to head to the kitchen, her phone rang

Just as she was about to head to the kitchen, her phone rang. It was Vincent, calling her to his office. Curiosity mingled with a sense of foreboding, and she made her way to his office, her mind racing with possibilities.

As she entered the room, she noticed Vincent sitting behind his desk, his expression serious and contemplative. Inessa took a seat, her heart pounding in her chest.

Vincent took a deep breath, his eyes searching hers. "Inessa, there's something important I need to tell you," he began, his voice filled with a mixture of apprehension and sincerity.

Inessa's brows furrowed, her gaze never leaving his face. She sensed the gravity of his words, the weight they carried.

"I've been living a double life, Inessa," Vincent continued, his voice steady but tinged with regret. "I'm involved in the mafia, and my feelings for you were initially a part of an act. I had to fake them, but over time, as we got married and spent more time together, something changed. I fell in love with you."

Inessa felt a sudden surge of disbelief and anger. Her world seemed to spin as his words sank in. The man she had trusted, the man she had given her heart to, had deceived her from the very beginning.

Her voice trembled with rage as she lashed out at him. "How could you? How could you play with my emotions like that? How could you lie to me?" she exclaimed, her eyes burning with tears.

Vincent's face mirrored her pain and regret. "I know it's unforgivable, Inessa," he pleaded, his voice filled with remorse. "But I love you now, with all my heart. I never meant for it to be this way. I never wanted to hurt you."

Inessa's voice grew louder, filled with a mix of anger and heartbreak. "Love? Is that what you call this? You don't get to decide when and how you love someone. You don't get to use me as a pawn in your dangerous game."

She stood up abruptly, her emotions boiling over. She stormed out of the office and went straight to their bedroom, tears streaming down her face. She couldn't bear to look at him anymore.

Inessa hastily packed a bag, her hands trembling with anger and sadness. She wanted to escape, to get away from the pain that Vincent had inflicted upon her. She was about to leave when Vincent appeared in the doorway, blocking her path.

"Please, Inessa, don't leave," he pleaded, his eyes filled with desperation. "I never meant to hurt you. I can't imagine my life without you."

Inessa's face contorted with anguish, and she yanked her wedding ring off her finger, flinging it toward him. "We're over, Vincent," she declared, her voice laced with finality. "I'm sending you the divorce papers. I can't be with someone who manipulates and deceives."

Without looking back, Inessa walked out of the house, feeling a mix of confusion, heartbreak, and anger. She didn't know where she was going or what the future held, but she knew she couldn't stay with Vincent any longer.

Tears streamed down her face as she walked aimlessly through the city, her emotions in turmoil. She needed time to heal, to find herself again, and to rebuild her shattered trust.

Inessa's world seemed to unravel even further as she sought solace in the company of her friend, Megan. She poured her heart out to Megan, explaining the devastating truth about Vincent's betrayal and their impending divorce. Megan listened attentively, offering her unwavering support and a safe haven.

They made the decision to live together until they graduated, creating a sense of stability and companionship in each other's presence. Inessa requested that Megan never let Vincent in, no matter what, and she vowed to keep the impending divorce a secret from everyone.

Weeks went by, and Inessa's life settled into a new routine. She focused on her studies, trying to heal her wounded heart and protect herself and her unborn child from the dangers surrounding Vincent's mafia connections.

But as time passed, Inessa began experiencing bouts of dizziness and nausea. She dismissed them initially, attributing them to stress and emotional upheaval. However, her symptoms became increasingly severe, culminating in her fainting during a class.

When she regained consciousness, Inessa found herself in a hospital bed, Megan and Zariah anxiously at her side. A doctor entered the room, wearing a smile on their face.

"Congratulations, Inessa," the doctor said gently. "You're pregnant."

Inessa's eyes widened in shock. The news struck her like a thunderbolt, as she hadn't expected to be pregnant amidst the chaos of her life. The doctor's words echoed in her mind, and she realized that the child she carried within her was a result of her time with Vincent, a reminder of their complicated past.

Inessa's thoughts raced, torn between conflicting emotions. She wanted to protect her unborn child from the dangerous world Vincent was entangled in, but she couldn't deny the profound connection she already felt as a mother.

The doctor proposed an ultrasound, and Inessa agreed, wanting to see the life growing inside her. As the echo began, she held her breath, anxiously waiting for any glimpse of her unborn child.

To her astonishment, the monitor revealed not just one, but two tiny hearts beating in perfect synchronization. Inessa's eyes filled with tears, a mixture of awe and trepidation washing over her.

"I'm carrying twins," she whispered, her voice filled with a mix of wonder and uncertainty.

Megan and Zariah shared in her amazement, their eyes wide with excitement. They surrounded Inessa with love and support, vowing to be by her side through every step of this unexpected journey.

Inessa knew that she had difficult choices ahead, ones that would shape not only her future but also the lives of her unborn children. She resolved to protect them fiercely, to shield them from the dangerous world that had consumed Vincent's life.

As she gazed at the ultrasound images, her heart filled with a mixture of hope and determination. She was now not only fighting for her own happiness but also for the safety and well-being of her precious twins.

Inessa took a deep breath, summoning strength from within. With Megan and Zariah by her side, she knew she could navigate the challenges that lay ahead. Together, they would forge a path towards a brighter future, built on love, resilience, and the unwavering bond of friendship.