3

Friday morning 7:00- Inessa

Inessa wakes up at 7 in the morning feeling refreshed and ready for the day ahead. She gets dressed for college and walks downstairs, only to bump into Trey.

"Hey, where are you heading?" he asks.

"College," she says.

"It's early. Come sit with us and enjoy breakfast," he says, pulling at her hoodie.

"Fine," she says, following him to the dining table.

As she sits down, she sees Vincent, Viola, and two other people she doesn't know.

"Inessa, good morning," Vincent says seriously.

"Morning," she says back.

"Who's that?" a boy asks.

"Inessa. She may become my wife," Vincent says.

"Oh, hi. I'm Elijah, and this is my sister Mirabella, but call her Mira. And you can call me Eli," he says, introducing himself.

Viola glares at Inessa, making her feel uncomfortable.

"Where are you heading anyway?" Vincent asks.

"College," she says, taking a croissant.

"College? What do you study?" he asks.

"Photography," she says, and Viola rolls her eyes.

"Keep rolling your eyes, you might eventually find a brain, suka," Inessa snaps at her.

Viola gasps and says, "I was just trying to say that if I were you, I'd drop out of college."

"Remember when I asked for your opinion? Me neither," Inessa tells her, standing up.

Elijah covers his mouth, trying to keep from laughing, while Mira looks away, also trying to hold her laugh. Trey looks down, barely failing to hold his laughter, and Vincent looks proud.

"Let me bring you to college," Vincent offers.

"No," she says fast.

"Fine," he says sternly.

Inessa nods, and Vincent adds, "One of my drivers will bring you then."

Inessa finishes her breakfast and heads out to college, feeling more confident after putting Viola in her place. She can't wait to learn more about photography and make a career out of it.

(...)

Inessa spent the rest of her morning attending her classes and trying her best to focus, but her mind kept wandering to Vincent and the whole situation with him. She couldn't believe that she was being forced to live with him, let alone marry him. It was all too much to take in.

As she was walking out of her final class of the day, she saw a black car parked outside of the building. She knew immediately that it was Vincent's driver waiting to take her home. She sighed and walked towards the car.