44

Vincent's rage simmered beneath the surface as he confronted his bodyguard, demanding the truth about what had transpired during Inessa's walk. He knew the bodyguard had been wearing a microphone, capturing their conversation. Deep down, he had suspected what had taken place, but hearing it confirmed only fueled his anger.

"What happened on that walk?" Vincent's voice was laced with barely contained fury, his eyes piercing into the bodyguard's.

The bodyguard hesitated for a moment, knowing that lying to Vincent would only escalate the situation. He took a deep breath and decided to tell the truth, realizing that honesty was the only path forward.

"I apologize, sir, but I cannot lie to you. Inessa did meet a man during the walk. They had a conversation, and she exchanged numbers with him," the bodyguard confessed, his voice steady despite the tension in the room.

A mix of emotions crossed Vincent's face, from anger to disappointment, as he absorbed the revelation. He couldn't deny the sting of betrayal that coursed through his veins, knowing that Inessa had entertained the attention of another man. But there was also a part of him that expected nothing less, considering their strained relationship.

Vincent's anger quickly morphed into a cold chuckle, his gaze hardening as he spoke. "Find out everything you can about that man. I want to know who he is, what he does, and what his intentions are."

The bodyguard nodded, understanding the gravity of Vincent's command. "Consider it done, sir. I will gather all the information and report back to you as soon as possible."

With that, the bodyguard left the room, leaving Vincent alone with his turbulent thoughts. He stared into the distance, grappling with a whirlwind of emotions. Inessa's actions had awakened a possessive side of him, a reminder that he still considered her his, even if their relationship was fractured.

Vincent knew that his feelings were twisted and complicated. He resented Inessa for the pain she had caused him, yet he couldn't completely let go of the connection they shared. The knowledge that she had sought solace in the company of another man ignited a mix of jealousy and vindictiveness within him.

As the weight of his emotions settled upon his shoulders, Vincent clenched his fists, vowing to regain control. Inessa's actions only reinforced the need for him to maintain his power and dominance. He refused to let her slip through his fingers, even if it meant resorting to extreme measures to protect what he considered his.

With a steely resolve, Vincent retreated deeper into the shadows of his mansion, plotting his next moves. The chessboard of their tumultuous relationship had become even more complex, and he was determined to emerge victorious, whatever the cost.

Meanwhile, the bodyguard had already set his plan in motion, scouring through various sources to find information on the man Inessa had met. It didn't take him long to gather all the necessary details, and he quickly forwarded the information to Vincent.

Vincent's eyes gleamed with satisfaction as he read through the report, confirming his suspicions about the man's dark past. The man had a history of drug addiction and had committed numerous crimes, including assault and sexual abuse. Vincent knew that this information would be valuable leverage in his game with Inessa.

Without wasting any time, Vincent sent his men to apprehend the man and lock him up in a hidden room in his mansion. He knew that the man would be no match for his trained guards, and he relished in the sense of power and control it gave him.

Dragging Inessa to the room where the man was held captive, Vincent reveled in the fear that etched across her face. He could see the confusion and horror in her eyes, realizing that the man she had met was far from the innocent stranger she had thought him to be.

"You see, Inessa," Vincent said, his voice cold and menacing. "This is what happens when you stray from my protection. You expose yourself to danger, and you put us both at risk. But don't worry, I've taken care of it."

Inessa trembled, unable to comprehend the depths of Vincent's cruelty. She had never imagined that her moment of weakness could result in such dire consequences. All she could do was stare in disbelief as Vincent gloated over his victory.

Vincent knew that his actions were extreme, but he also knew that he needed to assert his dominance over Inessa. He couldn't allow her to think that she could act without consequences. He needed to remind her of her place, as his possession, to be protected and controlled.

As he watched Inessa cower in fear, Vincent knew that he had won this round. But he also knew that the game was far from over. The battle for dominance and control between them had only just begun, and he was willing to do whatever it took to emerge victorious.

Vincent stepped closer to Inessa, his eyes flashing with intensity. "Remember who you're married to, Inessa. You're mine, and mine only. Your actions have consequences, and you've just experienced them firsthand."

Inessa flinched as Vincent's words sank in, realizing that she had underestimated the lengths he was willing to go to protect his interests. She felt a surge of anger mixed with fear, knowing that she couldn't continue living under his control.

But she also knew that defying Vincent would be dangerous. She was trapped in a game of power, where he held all the cards. The only way out was to play along, to bide her time until she could find a way to break free.

With a trembling voice, Inessa spoke up. "I understand, Vincent. I won't make the same mistake again."

Vincent's expression softened slightly, but his grip on her remained firm. "Good. Remember that I'm the only one who can protect you, Inessa. And I'll do whatever it takes to keep you safe."

Inessa nodded, knowing that there was no point in arguing with him. For now, she would play his game, keeping her thoughts and plans hidden from him. But deep down, she knew that she couldn't stay under his control forever. She needed to find a way to regain her freedom, whatever the cost.