21. always

October 2006

October 2006.

He brought his hand to her face, which she avoided and used as a leverage to pull him towards her and then she took the opportunity to punch him hard in the jaw.

He stepped away and wiped the blood off his mouth before glancing at her. Her chest was rising heavily as she took deep breaths, her eyes staring at him. He looked away quickly, he found himself unable to keep eye contact with her for too long.

"Come on" he breathed out, signaling her to go at it again.

The two charged at each other and started a violent fight. Though it was violent, it stayed pretty much harmless to both of them.

As they fought, they barely heard the door of the room opening and Karpov coming in. It was only when Rose pinned the Soldier's body down on the hard mattress and Karpov started clapping then the duo noticed his presence in the room.

They both looked up and the Soldier noticed Rose's body tensing up immediately at the sight of the man. He looked down at their position and his cheeks flushed red as he realized how close they were.

Her chest was heaving over his and her throat was exposed to his face. Along in his fall, she had parted his legs and her knee stood between his knees. He gulped as she wouldn't get off him. He would get her off him himself but she had his arms pinned to his side and she had a way too strong grip on his entire body for him to be allowed any moves. As much as he hated it for her, he had to admit this serum was a wonder and had made her even stronger than him.

"Congratulations, Rose" Karpov said with a content smile on his lips, "I see you're doing well with the serum"

Rose finally let go of the Soldier's arm and got off him, they both no longer felt the certain physical connection at their lower belly. As she got up– he didn't know whether it was intentional or not, her fingers brushed over his belly and then his thigh. Very slightly, almost a feather touch, Karpov wouldn't be able to see it from where he was standing.

But it was enough to send the Soldier in a spiral, all of his thoughts going where she touched him. Though, he sighed of relief as he didn't have her body hovering over him anymore. He liked the feeling of it, he wasn't going to lie to himself. But he didn't understand what it meant. What he only knew was that Karpov would go mad if he knew about those thoughts.

The Soldier clenched his jaw, trying to push those thoughts away as he got up as well. He saw in the corner of his eye Rose eyeing him up and down but he avoided looking at her anyway.

"You even pinned down the Winter Soldier. That's great" Karpov said with a nod of his head.

Rose nodded again, she didn't really know how to react to this positive behavior from Karpov. It had been so long since he had been so supportive to her and she still had trouble looking at the man, her mind still filled with the horrors he had put her through.