Prologue

''I love you Taehyung and I can't think of my life without you'', Jungkook declared in a serious tone.

And what followed this was a complete silence. Taehyung froze in his place. His heart fluttered and he kept looking at Jungkook. Neither of them blinked even once. In the quieter part of the evening both stood still and speechless only their racing heartbeats audible. The soft wind blowing their hair was the only movement in that frozen moment.

After a long pause Taehyung broke the silence, "I am sorry Jungkook, I have always loved you as a friend and..." he stopped. He turned and looked away from the doe eyed male and tightly clutched the bars of the large swing that stood there.

Jungkook could see him escaping his eyes. He flinched and feared as he saw Taehyung's hold on the bars of the swing getting strong. His curled fists seemed like he was holding back his intense feelings than let it out as heart breaking words.

'...and?' Jungkook urged him to complete his sentence.  

Taehyung hesitated, but composed himself and turned to see him again and said, "I have always loved you as a friend and nothing more than that Jungkook...I am sorry to break your heart, but it's better to clear your doubts than give you any false hopes..and nothing more than that Jungkook...I am sorry!!'

Taehyung's words kept echoing in his ears. Every time the words repeated in his mind it broke him into thousands of pieces...Such that they can never be gathered into one where love could reside ever again.

Taehyung could see the younger's pent up emotions slowly break free and flow along with his tears.
"It's unfortunate Jungkook, that God chose me to break your heart." Taehyung tried to comfort him. "I  respect your feelings, but I'm sorry I...I cannot reciprocate them..." he paused. "The way you feel for me or the way I feel for you does not change our friendship at all... I was and I shall always be there as a friend for you, forever..."

'How ironical!', Jungkook thought. 'The one who broke my heart is the one who offers his shoulder too to cry on.' , Jungkook laughed softly and wiped his tears before he spoke, "I know and I trust that too Taehyung. All I want is to see you happy...and if that means your happiness is with someone else but me... I am fine with it."

He took in a sharp breath and continued, "All the best and remember there is one heart that shall always pray for your happiness."

Taehyung could see, it was not just Jungkook eyes, but even his heart wept!

That was the last he saw of Jungkook who'd actually come to bid him goodbye. The younger chose that day to finally voice his feelings before Taehyung was gone. Jungkook expected Taehyung to stay, but eventually it was the younger who walked away not just from there, but from his life with a smile despite a broken heart. Taehyung knew Jungkook would never hate him for what he did to him, for the younger loved him more than that...

That moonlit night and the one sided voiced confessions of love became a life altering incident in their life. That changed the perspective of their life...

That night had been the most difficult one for both. While Jungkook wept all alone, Taehyung shared his grief to the lonely moon who silently witnessed this unfortunate last exchange of words...some spoken and some unspoken.......
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
What do you guys think about this? I'm excited for this one!!