Eighteen

The fact that there is so much lack of response that it demotivates me but it's fine I'll continue this book and complete it. But I would appreciate if you guys respond a bit. Thank you 💜

Jungkook quickly wiped his tears and rushed to his room and locked himself. He was too disconnected with his heart and shattered at that moment to face anyone or hide his emotions.

'I know at least he made up for all the guilt. His concern and sympathies gave new life to the boy...', Jungkook remembered Mrs Park's words. He was stunned to react and sat like a statue on his bed. His hands and feet turned cold and his eyes wept.

"Stop it Jungkook! What is wrong with you?" He heard a voice. Jungkook looked up startled and was surprised to see his own reflection standing in front of him . He carefully noticed the blur image for a minute and then ignored it in frustration as it remained still until he heard the voice again, "You can't be thinking about taehyung that way."

He looked up again in the direction of the voice and his forehead creased in confusion. He was hallucinating he knew, but his reflection refused to leave. Despair and hatred filled him as he rubbed his eyes but he heard the voice again, "Taehyung loves you Jungkook!"

'No!' Jungkook screamed.

He cringed and cried louder again, "No! It's always Jungkook who loved Taehyung... back then and even today it's Jungkook who loves Taehyung." He sobbed hiding his face in his palms.

"For god's sake open your eyes Jungkook,Taehyung....Taehyung is doing all this because he loves you...back then and even now, he truly does!'' the voice spoke to Jungkook.

Jungkook laughed sarcastically and said, ''Yes he does, even today he does but only as a friend! He told me that...'jungkook I've always loved you as a friend but nothing more than that...' "

"No Jungkook...His eyes...his eyes can't be wrong? And..."

"Yeah right...it's not him but I am wrong'', Jungkook interrupted and stood up to look at the reflection and said "and it's all because of you!'

"Me?''

"Yes, you...I am wrong because I always thought about taehyung only from my heart" he said pointing at his heart. "Four years back, I mistook his friendship for love and let him break my heart where I nurtured love for him every single day. He crushed my feelings so easily but I loved him so much that I could never hate him", he paused.

He turned away and clutched the edges of his study table and spoke further, "And today, I again mistook his concern and sympathy for me as love. I was a fool, who did not understand that all this was care and affection that Taehyung showed me as a friend and nothing more. I let him evoke all the buried feelings in my heart for him and call it Love again.'' He shut his eyes tightly letting the tears trickle down that clouded his eyes.

He turned around angrily and said, "And you know WHY I made this mistake? Because I listened to you...I listened to my heart!"

"Then ask your heart, Why the midnight promise that all this was a not a dream but truth? What about the burning candles speaking his love and those eyes screaming love in the party? What is it, if not love?", The voice asked Jungkook loudly.

"It's not love! It's his sympathy...his...his concern for me'', Jungkook answered in disgust.

"Concern and sympathy? What Sympathy are you talking about? And why would Taehyung sympathize with you? What more does the man have to do to prove his love for you?" The voice asked Jungkook in disbelief.