Nineteen

Jungkook's Apartment

If silence could kill then Jungkook's silence had killed Taehyung thousand times in every passing minute after he left the man standing all alone amidst his friends and his family.

Along with Taehyung, Jungkook's in laws and Yoongi and Jimin were equally shocked with what transpired few minutes back.

Jimin immediately came forward and held Taehyung's hand and comforted him and said, ''Taebear let's leave at the moment, I think kookie needs some time."

Mrs.Park came forward and patted his shoulder and said, "Have faith in your love and don't lose hope. I will talk to him.''

"No, aunty please don't...I mean let's not force him'', Taehyung said in a low voice.

"Trust me Taehyung, I know he loves you too, there is something else to this. I will talk to him, Jimin, please take him home." Mrs.Park nodded in assurance.

"He is flying to Daegu tomorrow aunty", Jimin informed.

"Oh, Carry on with your travel Taehyung, be optimistic. Leave the rest to me and I promise if nothing else I will at least make sure that you get one chance to talk to him."

Taehyung held Mrs.Park's hand in his and tried to compose himself and said, ''I sincerely love him aunty, I made a mistake 4 years back by letting him go when he confessed his love because I did not want to lose him forever... I don't want to make any mistake now and lose him again."

Mrs.Park had guessed it right that Taehyung and Jungkook indeed had something that was not new or recent. It was love that lived through the years. She nodded to assure Taehyung and said, ''Take care son and wait to hear from me."

Taehyung looked at Chanyeol who was unusually quiet as he was confused about everything that happened and walked to him and kneeled in front of him and said, "Chan, I'm going to Daegu tomorrow for some work and I will be back very soon. Till then promise me you will be a very good boy and take care of papa, Halabeoji and halmeoni."

Chanyeol was disheartened to know that Taehyung was leaving, but the boy had a very deep respect for his taetae uncle now appa, so without looking much perturbed, he said in a dejected voice, "I promise appa....er..taetae uncle."

"No chan, its appa...no matter what...I shall always love you as your appa." Taehyung said and hugged Chanyeol tightly as he never wanted to let go of him. He got up and kissed Chanyeol on his forehead and smiled warmly before he turned around to say goodbye to Mr. and Mrs. Park

"Don't lose hope, young man!", Mr.Park said and smiled encouragingly at Taehyung.

Taehyung nodded in affirmation and left along with jimin and Yoongi.

***

Jungkook heard a sudden sound of a vessel that Mrs. Park dropped accidentally in the kitchen. Only with the sound it occurred to him that he was in the shower for almost an hour. He turned off the shower and quickly reached for a towel and within few minutes he changed into his night clothes and stepped out.

He experienced an unusual silence in the house.

He quietly went into the kitchen to help his mother in law, but noticed that it was all done, the cleaning up of after the party. Mrs. Park warmly placed her palm on his cheek and said, "Jungkook, you need rest bubba...go and sleep."

" Channie?", Jungkook asked softly, his eyes teary and tired.

"I've put him to bed...so you go and take some rest; I suggest you take an off tomorrow from work'', Mrs.Park said.