20

"500 years ago, marked the beginning of the new era

"500 years ago, marked the beginning of the new era." Nurse Aiden bellowed from the front of the room, his face flushed with excitement. "The two reigning goddesses fought for their rightful place in the spiritual realm against the forsaken." He dramatically waved his hands around in an effort to keep our attention. "The depiction of angels has shifted since Sanguine Bellum." Nurse Aiden paced around the front of the room, moving his hands as he spoke. "While they were once portrayed as beings of light, they're now portrayed as protectors and beings of darkness. Many literary analysts believe this is because Abery's angels caused mass destruction during the war. Similarly to them, witches are considered their aid."

A girl raised her hand. He nodded towards her. "Is that because witches were said to able to give angel's gifts to help the war?"

Nurse Aiden smiled. "Indeed. Though they were wiped out by the angels of the fallen few when they weren't granted aid, they still exist today." The fallen few. The five gods who had been banished to ineluctabilis, the inescapable for their crimes against Aurora and Luna, the mother goddesses. Leta of war, Octavia of the universe, Ophelia of nature, Felix of Fate, Abery of Healing and Evelia of the Sun. They had tried to overthrow them for their power, infected humanity with crystals which would turn them mad for power, but Aurora escaped her prison, she spoke to the Queen, and they won the war. Felix had been the only god to be pardoned. He bore no angels, he simply exists in his own dimension. The price he payed, his love for my goddess, Luna. An eternity without love was the greatest punishment of all, she decided. Nurse Aiden continued, "They gave gifts to Luna and Aurora's angels. They gave them the power of the sun."

"That's a blanket term, Nurse Aiden, what exactly does that mean?" A mage piqued. "That's a wonderful question Emerson. It means that they have the power of light. Unless they have a broken halo." I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. That wasn't entirely true. If a halo broke, they removed your angel gifts, sure, but the goddesses couldn't take magic they didn't bestow upon one without killing them. The class moved forward. "Alternatively, Mages, who were once seen as lower class magicians, were now seen as powerful beings." Nurse Aiden said, gesturing around the room. "It was their magic which brought the war to an end. They were able to speak with the gods through their magic, summon the angels."