40

That following morning, my father brought me to the cliff the following morning to seal the tear

That following morning, my father brought me to the cliff the following morning to seal the tear. I wondered if it was possible that maybe her survived but relics weren't magic. They were only enchantments forged from life. Apollo was too good to not follow through.

He stared at the stars with a sense of longing and I could see on his face he was thinking's of more than his brother. I waited quietly for him to speak again and eventually he did. He wiped at his nose. "Can you do me a favor?"

"Of course, anything." I said, sliding off the balcony. "Incase I don't make it, don't let Audrey grieve my death alone. She was so guarded and boarded up when I fell for her..." he trailed off. "Just don't let her go through it alone. It's okay to love. Let her know that."

"I will." I promised. He sighed out a laugh. "This is shitty. Thank you for being my friend." He said, lifting his head at me. I failed to find the words to respond to him with. I just bowed my head. I hadn't had a friend in awhile before Apollo. I started to realize through him and Audrey that there were so many ways to be lonely. And Apollo was never lonely. Alone, maybe but that's not the same as lonely. Lonely is empty. It is the suffocation of being with yourself. It's the reality of being with yourself and hating who you're with. Audrey was lonely. I was lonely. Apollo was simply alone. He was content with himself, he had demons but never shied away from facing them. He wasn't scared. Being alone was when he flourished most. Alone was when no one else was around and you could bask in it, it was bearable even if the company of others was what you enjoyed most. I wanted to be the latter now. I wondered at the time, if he was gone would I feel it? And I did. I felt it horribly but from it, there was so much to be happy about. I made new friends, I got a friend back. Apollo's sacrifice was one I'd cherish everyday. I wanted to live more than ever, experience life for what it was not simply cruise through it. Maybe it was what Apollo gave his life for. So that we could all live. Better than he and Silas or Nia. I pressed my staff bubble behind my head and looked at my father. He stared solemnly out to the sea, I never knew he liked Apollo. I whispered prayers for him to the gods, if they'd have him. I hoped they would, then turned to my father. "I want to live." I told him. He inhaled slowly, looking up at the sky. There was a long silence as he took in the words. Somehow I knew, he knew, this conversation would be coming soon. But still, we ran from it. He lowered his head and reached for my hand, guiding the way back to the castle.