26

"Did you have fun?" Apollo asked as soon as the door was shut behind me

"Did you have fun?" Apollo asked as soon as the door was shut behind me. I nodded, pulling out my small sack of caramel candy corn. I missed the bitter layers beneath his voice and started to tell him about the pottery shop but he cut me off. I scrunched up my nose, "what's wrong with you?"

"You left me in to watch the artifacts all day by myself. I almost got in trouble because of you two."

"I know I'm sorry, but I got you something!" I said, handing him my bag of candy. It was a mixture of chocolates, peppermints, caramel, and candy corn. All candies I'd seen him eat of the years. He smiled, placing a kiss on my cheek. "Im not mad anymore." He said through a full mouth. I was blushing, I knew I was blushing and I liked that I was blushing but I was scared. Now I knew I liked Apollo and he was now someone I could lose. That thought disgusted me. I curled my fingers into my dress. "Are you okay?" He asked, turning my chin to face him. I wanted to put on smile, say yes, it was like ss bond nature to me now but I couldn't. "You're gonna leave me. Aren't you?" He looked me, confused. "What are you talking about?"

"My parents, Stella, Alice. You. You're gonna leave, aren't you?"

He hesitated and pulled away from me. His silence was everything, of course he would. At least he was honest. "No." He answered. "But I need to be honest with you,"

"What?"

"The night... I was looking for Nia's file. I knew Silas, I thought I could use you somehow to get back at him... I started to like you though. I want to stay, please let me stay." He begged. This is new. I thought. Usually when people hurt me, they leave. To hurt me, he had to stay. How ironic. "Do you regret it?" I asked. He sucked in a breath, "No."

He held my hand to his cheek, "No because I got to fall for you, Audrey Willow. I had nothing left when I met you, the real you. You gave me something. You scare me too, Audrey. But I trust you. If you light the way, I'll follow. If you leave, I'll be here waiting for you. I'm yours Audrey. I won't ever leave you."

"Promise?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"On every star, I love you." He reassured me. His eyes twinkled as brightly as the stars he swore on. I shut mine and kissed him. He returned her kissing, releasing my hand to wrap his around my waist and pull me into him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and considered how lovely it was that there was a god who handpicked us to cross paths, wrap around each other, twist into one another's bodies and fall in love. Out of billions I could've met, it was him. If this love didn't end well, never would one ever again.