Part 2: Teaser 2

It sickened me to think there was a part of me warming up to him, not because I didn't want that, but I knew it was so unrealistic now

It sickened me to think there was a part of me warming up to him, not because I didn't want that, but I knew it was so unrealistic now. He was an angel, and I was a mage. At the end of our school year, he'd likely return to their Hæsevüvinün, and I'd be here. If I let myself enjoy his company he'd be just another soul to leave me. Victoria, Emerson, and Mason would go. This I knew, so I let myself fall for the illusion of their friendship, when they left I'd know where they were until I inevitably grew tired of the distance and cut contact. The same would not be said for Apollo James. He was far from pure but nothing short of angelic. A beauty to be sure, and he was far from my grasp. I could not be kind to him because it would not end with our friendship. It would end with my stupid day dreams of being wrapped in his arms, the reality that he did not feel the same, and he'd leave. Another memory. Another person to abandon me. I leaned against the door, picking my nails. Moments later he returned, running an awkward hand through his hair. "She said we're sharing a room."

"Sharing a room?" I repeated, looking up at him. He hesitated for a moment, his gaze softened on mine, but he zoned out. Like he was here but not really. "Apollo?" I said, my voice came out sweeter than intended. I saw his eyes zone in, and he hummed, "Yeah?"

"We're sharing a room?"

"Right," he cleared his throat, "it's cause the staff think we're a couple." I groaned, I hadn't considered how much the lie would bite me in the ass. Now I had to share a room with him, it was as if I was in a game of chess and the player was doing everything to make sure I lost. "Not like we'll be getting much sleep anyway though, right?" He winked.

I stretched, letting out a yawn. "Speak for yourself, pervert." He grinned, throwing the door open. "What are we gonna do about the bed?" I asked. "What couples do," he grinned. "Share it."

"