39

Stella and I ducked, we didn't know what we were ducking from we just knew to duck

Stella and I ducked, we didn't know what we were ducking from we just knew to duck. The creature screeched again and I heard the sound of crying. "I can't go back." Stella managed through tears. "I can't go back." I brought my staff forward and created a simple light orb. I held it around the room and I saw it. A demon. It was ugly and big and looked at if it was formed from the organs of every person who died in the war. It had eight legs like a spider and it towered over Silas yet he was not afraid of it. It screeched at me again and leapt at me. "Audrey, no!" Stella shouted as she leapt through the air with a sword in hand. She pierced through it's back, with the sword. It howled out in pain but it simply seemed to fill the gaps. I saw another figure move in the dark, the demon doubled backwards, two of its back legs caved inward. It swatted around at nothing, hitting a few unlucky nobles. Those who could, fled the room, the others were either too scared to move or too far to reach an exit in time. Audrey inched forward on its back with another blade in her hand. She slit through its throat, materializing a third blade to impale its head. It let out another screech collapsing to the ground, a mess of organs. Audrey climbed down, backing away from the demon and Silas. Stella curled into me. "You've gotten too used to our friends. Pity, isn't it?"

"I'd hardly call them friends." She replied. "Funny, your mother said the same before she fell to the exact same fate." He scowled. It was too dark to see her reaction. "Oh, that's right, you don't know yet."

He laughed, "Your parents are dead. They died to a demons similar to mine and she," he pointed at Stella. "Would've died too had she not jumped for the tear, damned bitch." He snarled. "Do not speak of my daughter that way!" A man roared.

Silas laughed again. "Was that supposed to scare me? You've worked for a nineteen year old for a year. Shut up and sit down." The man fell to the ground and became silent. The crowd stirred uncomfortably. "Daddy!" Stella shouted, reaching out for her father but I pulled her arm back and covered her mouth. The stars coated the sky outside. "That's not the only surprise I had for tonight." He cooed. Silas held out his hand and Olivia joined him in the center of the ballroom taking his hand. My heart sunk. "I've had help."

Olivia's fiery eyes met mine. "Why?" I yelped out. She stepped closer to me. "I can't touch a tulip without lighting it on fire because of you. My parents abandoned me, I was kicked from school because you couldn't admit what you'd done." She chided. "But not Silas, he took me in. So yeah, I might've helped him. It's no worse than what you did to me." She said, returning to his side. "Show them the gift I gave you!" She cheered. Silas held out his hands, "She gave me hellfire." Fire sparked into his hands and pressed them to the demon which came alive again, engulfed in flames. This can't be happening, this cannot be happening. I looked across the room, Apollo was moving closer to him. "And I knew you'd try to stop me so I came up with a little plan." He said with what sounded like a smile on his face. "I had Aiden turn my Nia to a relic, and now, once you drink my blood it'll kill you too." Apollo and Audrey froze. "You won't get far now, will you, brother?"