Chapter 15

*Thanks for the 500+ reads, guys! I will take like two days off from updating TLYT, but I will update Loser. Check it out! Love ya! *

Jordan's P.O.V.

"Then why did you give her your keys?" Jake asks me.

"I wanted her to get away from all of this, she can't take it."

"We have to find her." Ashton states looking at the table. I nod and stand from the table.

"Let's go find her then. Before Kris does." The other guys stand from the table. We all grab our keys and I get into Ashton's car with him. He starts the ignition and I call Jake. "Split up. We'll find her faster that way."

"Alright. I'll look by the Beverly Center."

"We'll look around at Hazard Park, good luck." I tell Ashton where to go and we start on our way. A few minutes of silence and I ask him a question. "So, you like her huh? What are you...how are you feeling?" His grip on the wheel tightens and he sighs deeply.

"If I could kill the a******, I would. He knew how much I-"

Honk! We hadn't been aware we were sitting at a stop sign. Ashton kept driving and sighed again.

"I just hope we'll find her. I really don't want him to hurt him any more than he already has." It looks like he's about to cry, but Ashton's tough.

"We all like this one, dude. She's special, and we don't want anything happening to her either. We'll find her, man."

"We're here. Let's split up I'll look in the left side of the park. Call me if you find her. And call me if you don't too." We nod at each other and head in our different directions.

Ashton's P.O.V.

I look all over the auditorium, indoor gym, and I head over playground and see her sitting on the swing. I try not to make any noise as I walk over to her.

"Hey." She shrieks, standing. "I'm sorry, I was just worried about you."

"Then why didn't you stop Kris? Why did you let me go through that?"

"You don't understand. We couldn't interfere. It's in our agreement." She looks confused.

"What agreement?" She says. I grab her hand.

"We can't talk here. We need to go somewhere private."

"What? Why?" She says. I shush her. I pull her over to a picnic table and lower my voice.

"We were forced to do this a couple of years ago. Kris's uncle made us take advantage of a poor girl or else he would kill our families, plus hers."

"Why can't you just call the police on this guy? You don't want to do this, do you?"

"It's not that easy. He has connections, we couldn't stop this guy if we had the whole United States Army on our side. I know that seems drastic but this guy has people inside the Army. We can't win." She shakes her head.

"Where's your hope? You can't really believe that he can do all that."

"When he kills your mother, father, and sister all in one day, call me."

Scarlet's P.O.V.

He stands from the table and starts to walk away.

"Ashton, stop. I didn't mean it like that. I just want you to believe that you can get out of this. I know you don't want to hurt me, and I know that the other guys don't want me hurt either. Except Kris. But I want to help you stop this guy."

"No." He shakes his head. "He'll just capture you and use you as bait. He'll make us hurt you, worse than before. I cannot let that happen again."

"Just, call me when you want to go, okay? I'll be over there." He says pointing to the play area where kids are playing hopscotch.

"Wait." I say, running up to him. I put my hand around his muscular arm. "Wanna have some fun? We are in a park." He smiles and nods.

Ashton's P.O.V.

We had fun around the park all day long. I took her out for ice cream, we played volleyball, and I carved our initials in a tree. Corny, I know. But the look on her face was priceless. Afterwards, I took her back to the playground and she sat on the swing set. I just hated seeing the bruises on her face next to her beautiful smile.

"I had fun today." She says. I walk closer to her.

"So did I." I fill the space between us and I place my lips on hers. She was tense at first, but then she wrapped her arms around my neck. I placed my arms around her waist and kiss her deeper. She breaks the kiss after a few seconds.

"Should we go?" She asks.

"Yeah, let's get out of here."

*Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Sad to announce that TLYT is coming to an end. :( It was fun to write for you guys and thank you for the reads, votes, and comments. Love ya!

~Naja