Chapter 16

Ashton's P.O.V.

With Scarlet sleeping beside me, I can get a good look at her beautiful sleeping face. I take out my phone at a stoplight and take a picture. I actually take a couple getting her at different angles. I keep going as the light turns green. She starts mumbling in her sleep. It sounds like she's saying No, and Stop. I think she's having a nightmare. She could be dreaming about her...incident.

"No...no! Stop!" She screams. I pull over quickly.

"Scarlet! Scar...wake up it's only a nightmare!" She gasps and wakes shaking.

"Ashton! Ashton." She whimpers looking into my eyes.

"It's okay, it's okay. I'm here. You're safe." I say hugging her tightly and kissing her forehead.

"It was so horrible, it was worse than what actually happened. No one saved me, no one came to my rescue. And someone else was there. It was another man, and he was telling Kris what to do."

"Wait, what? What did this man look like?" I ask her.

"He, he had brown hair. Blue eyes. His voice...was...scary. I don't know how to explain it, it sent a chill down my spine, Ashton. Make them go away, make it all go away. Please."

I kiss her cheek.

"Make it go away, Ashton. Make it better."

I look into her eyes. Her tears streaming down her cheeks. I lean down and place my lips on hers. Her soft smooth lips moving along with mine feel amazing. Her lips part inviting me, and she puts her hand in my hair, running her fingers through my short buzz cut. I want to go further, and she needs a distraction, but I can't.

She saw the man who started all this.

She saw Elias.

Jake's P.O.V.

Ashton hasn't called or answered my calls in hours. I don't know what that means, but I hope he found her. I hope she's alright. He's probably with her and they spent the day together. My phone rings. I look at the caller ID and see Ashton's name pop up. I press call.

"Did you find her?"

"Yes, she's fine." He almost hisses.

"Then why do you sound so angry?" If anything he should be jumping for joy.

"Because she had a nightmare, and in that nightmare she saw Elias." I almost drop the phone.

"How is that possible? She's never seen him, never met him." He sighs.

"I don't know man, but she cannot go back that sick house. We have to protect her." I nod my head even though I know he can't see me.

"Yeah, we do. And we need to kill Elias."

Ashton's P.O.V.

Scarlet is now laying on my shoulder trying to sleep peacefully while I take her to Omni Los Angeles Hotel. She'll be safe there and it's a great distraction. As we drive she starts singing a song from a band called R5 I think. She sings horribly but as long as it keeps her occupied I'm happy to listen to her howling. As I pull up to the hotel she perks up.

"Is this where we're staying?" She gasps.

"It's where you're staying. I can't stay with you."

"But, who's going to keep me company? I can't be alone. What if Kris finds me again, what if-"

"Scar." I take her face in my hands. "Everything is going to be alright. Just trust me." I kiss her lightly. I take the key out of the ignition and go around and open her door for her. I link our fingers and we go to check her into her room.

***

She steps out of the bathroom in a robe and she looks at me.

"Are you sure you can't stay?" I wish I could, thinking of all the fun we could have if we just ran off. I shake my head. I walk up to her and kiss her deeply. I grab her waist and squeeze her gently, a movement of want, and I let her go before I do anything further.

"I can't stay, but I will be back." She looks at me one last time, smiles, and opens the door for me to leave.

+*+*+

Hey guys! This chapter got a little mushy mushy! Sorry about that! But I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, as I wrote this chapter I listened to a number of songs and I watched a little bit of Once Upon a Time.

When we come alive: Switchfoot

Ready set go: Royal Tailor

Shake it off: Taylor Swift

See you again: Wiz Khalifa

One last time : Ariana Grande

Again, thanks for all the reads and thanks for all the follows! Will update soon...

Love ya!

~Naja