Chapter 19: Secret Birth

A few days later, Rani and Kion were sleeping in the tree.

Rani knew she had a few more days before giving birth, so when Kion was fast asleep, she walked out.

Rani walked around the kingdom, looking for a safe place to give birth to her cubs.

Rani found a cave near the mountain pass, and settled in there.

Rani sighed and laid down on some moss in the cave. She knew Kion would be worried for her, but she would come back after a few days.

Kion woke up, and yawned, "Morning Ra-" Kion cut himself off, and looked around the Tree, "Rani? Rani!"

Kion jumped up and ran outside of the lair, "Makini!"

Makini walked up to him, "Yes your majesty?" "It's Rani! She's gone! She can't leave, she's a few days from giving birth!" Kion shouted. He paced back and forth.

Makini chuckled a bit, "Kion, she went looking for a place to give birth."

Kion looked at Makini, confused.

"It's just a thing lionesses do. Once she is done giving birth, she'll come back, don't worry," Makini assured him.

Kion looked anxious, but nodded.

Rani sighed, exhausted. She looked at her newborn cubs, Raja, and Sawa.

Rani picked them up, and walked back to the tree.

Kion waited anxiously for his mate to return. He dug his claws in and out of the ground.

"Kion, relax," Fuli said. "But how do I know something isn't wrong! Azzad was by your side when you gave birth. He knew you were ok, but I can't be by Rani! How do I know if she didn't die!" Kuon shouted.

Fuli looked down at her daughter.

(Emer 1, Emer means, "Speedy, Ready to go")

"I guess that's true," Fuli replied.

Kion paced back and forth again.

"Look! There she is!" Bunga shouted. Kion quickly looked in the direction Bunga was pointing. His eyes widened, "RANI!" He sprinted toward her.

Kion nuzzled Rani, "Are you ok?" Rani set the two cubs down, "I'm alright Kion," She purred.

"Don't ever do that again! You had me scared to death!" Kion said, trying not to shout.

"Ok, I won't do it again," Rani chuckled. Kion kissed her.

"Oh Kion! This is Sawa, our daughter and future queen, and this is Raja, our son, future leader of the Night Pride," Rani smiled.

Kion nuzzled his cubs, "They're beautiful."