Chapter 37

"Today's news," The reporter puts the paper he is holding in front of him, his face as serious as ever, "A few months ago, there has been a murder in which a whole family was killed," A blurred up picture of me leaving the house appears on the screen. I flinch a bit.

"Yeah... that looks like you," Maki comments, looking at my face, then the screen, and back at me again.

"However, scientists have now claimed that this 'murder' has, in fact, occurred for a different cause,"

The headline now reads 'New claim for murder'

"This is interesting," Panda whispers to me. I stay quiet.

"By running a multitude of DNA tests on the kitchen knife there has been a match between the fingerprints on the handle of the knife and the ones on Body 3," The images of a kitchen knife and Natsuki now cover the screen, "Leading to the hypothesis that the scene shown above is actually a suicide," 

"Suicide?" I say disapprovingly. Do these scientists not consider the possibility of accidentally killing oneself?

"Furthermore," The man continues his eyes following the words on his paper, "A CCTV near the banks of the Sumida River in Tokyo shows a clip of the so-thought-murderer, in which she jumps into the river. Even after a few minutes, she does not emerge anywhere else, as far as CCTV operators are concerned. The estimation is that she has been overwhelmed by complex emotions, leading to her extreme and unfortunate choice,"

"But you're not dead?" Panda asks, breaking the silence.

"However, regardless of the effort put into finding the body, nothing has been found yet," I hear in the background.

"Unfortunately," I answer dully, bringing my memories back to when I was sure I could disappear that time. If only Gojo-sensei had not come...

"Stupid Sensei," I mutter under my breath, feeling the familiar emotion of frustration arise again.

"What did that Sensei do again?" Maki asks, snorting. She stands up and turns off the TV.

"Just appeared out of nowhere and decided to save me," I say, leaning back on the wall behind me, hands in my pockets.

"He did something right for once," Panda smiles, putting an arm around my shoulders. 

"Eh," I shrug, then notice that Maki is staring at me.

[Now that I think about it, Haneki kind of looks like Gojo-sensei]_Maki

"What?" I straighten up at the sudden thought. Me? Gojo-sensei?

"Can you not randomly start reading my mind?" Maki grumbles, but I spot a small smirk on her face.

[Hmm, yeah]_Panda

I turn around slowly and glare at Panda.

"What? You have to admit it, okay?" Panda laughs, "You both have white hair and blue eyes,"

"Technically Haneki only has one blue eye, but yes," Maki agrees, nodding her head.

"So?" I ask. Many people have white hair and blue eyes... right?

"Maybe you two are related," Panda says, looking thoughtful. I shake my head furiously. Even if we were, then why would he save me? Gojo-sensei and his family would have been the ones who abandoned me in the first place.

"Let's talk about something else," I sigh, getting more and more confused by the second. Just then, thankfully, the doors open. Fushiguro and Inumaki step in, looking healthier than the last time I saw them.

"Megumi~! Toge~!" Panda dashes over to the two, and embraces them in a big hug, "Good to see you guys are okay,"

"Shake!" Inumaki smiles and pats Panda on the back. Fushiguro stands still, an annoyed look on his face.

"Where's Sensei?" Fushiguro asks, freeing himself from Panda's grasp.

"Dunno," Panda answers, letting Inumaki go with a pat on his head.

"He said he was going somewhere," Maki adds, shrugging.

"Probably buying food or something," Panda says, then whispers, "Hope he buys some for us too,"

(608 words)

sry for the late update