Come Back to Me pt.2

Before he could fall asleep with her, he muttered against her ear, not caring if she would hear it or not, "Come back to me."

---
Morning came, and Mina woke up to an empty space beside her.

She quickly sat up on the bed and covered her chest with the comforter to observe the room.

It was quiet, and obviously, no one was around with her.

Slowly, she remembered last night's events, and suddenly, she cried.

"Who am I kidding? Of course, why would he stay? All of it was just like a dream." she told herself and continued to sob.

Suddenly, Chaeyoung went into the bedroom on a robe, holding a breakfast tray.

He instantly became concerned when he saw Mina crying, so he set aside the tray by the table and went to her on the bed.

Without asking anything, he hugged her from behind and rubbed her shoulders to calm her down while kissing her shoulder.

It made both of them remember how Chaeyoung would comfort her before, especially when Mina cries or her period cramps hurt a lot.

When Mina stopped crying, she faced Chaeyoung and hugged him back.

Chaeyoung stroked her head, and Mina looked up at him.

"What's wrong? Are you hurting somewhere? W-was I too rough last night?" He asked innocently, which caused Mina to blush.

"I know I was the one who tried to push you away last night, but I don't know why, but I don't want you to leave me now." she admitted.

Chaeyoung just hugged her tighter,  "Don't worry, I'll never leave you again, whether you like it or not." he answers with all his heart.

Mina calmed down, "We'll talk later, ok? Eat some breakfast first."  Chaeyoung told her, and she nodded in response.

They were still kind of awkward, but Chaeyoung managed to feed Mina, which made him feel relief.

Mina took another spoon and scooped some rice with meat, "Eat some too, please." she told Chaeyoung.

He didn't say anything else and let her feed him as well.

After eating, Chaeyoung got Mina another robe, and that's when they started to talk on the bed.

"I was sober starting when we started kissing, so I heard what you said before we both fell asleep."

Inside, Chaeyoung was surprised, but he sighed, "So will you come back to me? I really mean it Mina, I made a terrible mistake. That's why I want to fix everything between us, so please give me a chance." he asked while holding Mina's hands.

"Th-then why did you agree to the d-divorce? That was the last thing you wanted, but you suddenly said y-yes." she asked him with a shaky voice, tears threatening to fall from her eyes again.

"Because that's what you wanted, that's how much I love you even if it means letting you go because I don't want you to feel so suffocated if I go against what you want. And I don't deserve you because I couldn't even gain your trust after all the years we've been together. I swear I'd never do that but that doesn't matter if you won't believe it." Chaeyoung explained.

Mina cried and gave punches on his chest, "You should've done everything to keep me! Back then I knew you didn't do it too when you showed proof but this is why I hate being so prideful that I didn't want to admit I was wrong and it led to wanting you gone! How can you be so selfless? I'm the one who doesn't deserve you here!"

Chaeyougn hugged Mina tightly when she started crying hard again and stroked her head, "That's not true! Don't ever think of that Mina! Anyone would be lucky to have such a fine woman like you, both of us are at fault here ok? So I want us to try this again and fix what we've broken. Isn't that what you'd want too?"