21.

Chris 

His mother had texted him, telling him the results from the test were in.  The plan was to find out after the show.  His stomach was in knots the whole night.  He gave a great show, but his focus was on what was going on back home.  As his crew and team made their way to the buses, he sat in his dressing room, his iPad open for a facetime with his mom and Madison.  It felt like forever before his mother's face showed up on the screen.

"Heyyy baby.   How was the show?" She asked.  He forced a smile onto his face and nodded.

"It was good Ma.  Feels good to be back on tour.  Where is Madison?," His mother smiled and turned the phone  so he could see what Madison was doing.  She was sitting on the couch, her phone in her lap, "Hey baby." He said.  She smiled and waved. 

"Hey you.  Daya sent me video of the show.  You did amazing."  

"Do we know what Diamond is doing?" He asked.  She shook her head.  

"My friend at TMZ said she notified them the results are in.  She's giving us 24 hours to find out before she takes the story to them.  So, once we open the envelope here, we will go from there."  He sighed, nodding. 

"Before we open it, no matter what it says, I love you.  Remember that." She smiled and nodded.

"I know.  I love you too."  

"Alright Ma.  Open it up.  What does it say?" He watched his mother open the envelope.  His eyes glanced over to Madison, who was clearly holding her breathe as his mother read the words on the paper. 

"Test reveal that there is 99.7% chance that the DNA given by Christopher Maurice Brown is the father of the fetus." His mother read out loud, her hands shaking as she read the words.  he felt his heart drop as she spoke and he could see the sadness in Madison's eyes.  He watched her quickly get up and exit the room.  

"MADISON!!" He yelled, his mother shook her head. 

"Baby, give her a moment.  Let her do her for a moment and then I'm sure she will call you."  He groaned.

"How could I have been so stupid?" His mother sighed.

"You made a bad choice.  Now, you need to be a man and do what is right for that baby.  We will get ahold of your lawyer and set up proper paperwork.  We will make it right for everyone involved.  Don't get yourself all worked up over this."  He bit his lip.

"Ma, Madison is upset and I am across the fucking country.  I wasn't even in the same room as her when we found out I'm the father of a baby.  That's not even hers."  

"And she is handling it.  As your girlfriend. And when she is done with that, she will handle it as your publicist.  Now, I'm going to let you go so I can go talk to her.  Get on the bus and we will talk later.  I'll tell her to call you when she is ready, okay?"  He nodded.

"Alright.  I love you Mom."  She smiled. 

"I love you too baby."  He hung up and sighed, rubbing his hands through his hair.  His mom was right.  Madison needed her time and he had to respect that.  It was his fault she was even in this position to feel what she feels.  He finished packing his bag and left to get on the bus, his hand clutching his phone as he walked. 

Madison

She sat out by the pool, tears streaming down her face as she stared at the blue water in front of her.  She knew what the test results were going to be and yet, she never prepared herself for what she didn't want to hear.  And now, on top of what she felt, she had to release a statement on behalf of Chris.  Her slender fingers played with the C on her necklace when she heard his mother's voice behind her.

"Madison, you okay baby?" She nodded, wiping her face before turning to face her. 

"I'm good." His mother shook her head and sat down next to her.

"It's okay if you aren't.  You're handling it a lot better than I would and I'm older than you." Madison smiled softly and looked at her.  

"I just.... it's so stupid.  It happened before I was even in the picture.  I don't have a right to be mad.  But I just... ugh.. I'm frustrated.  We haven't even been together a month and this is just happening to us.."  

"God gives his battles to his toughest soldiers Madison.  And it takes a really strong woman to be with my son.  He's complicated and stubborn.  Just like his daddy.  If you can make it through this with him, it shows you're stronger than other ones who have been in your spot."

"He is so stubborn" Joyce laughed and nodded.

"He is.  But he loves you.  I haven't seen that boy this focused on a female in a while.  Didn't really think it was the best idea for him to date his publicist, but you two seem to make it work.  You're close enough to him to write things to protect him but you keep it real at the same time.  Not many people can do that."  Madison sighed, pulling her knees up to her chest. 

"I hate the fact that this woman is putting a time limit on this." Joyce nodded. 

"I know.  But that's why Chri's has the best publicist in the game.  And tomorrow, we will get ahold of legal.  And then, it's done on your end.  Then you can focus on you and him."  Madison smiled and looked at her.

"Thanks for coming out here to talk to me." Joyce smiled and nodded, hugging her softly. 

"Anytime baby.  Chris wants you to call him when you're ready." She nodded and stood up.  

"Let me get this statement and I will."  She walked back into the house, sitting down at her computer that was already set up at the kitchen table.  She opened her email and exhaled as she typed a statement to send to the press. It read as followed:

"A few weeks ago, a story was published that Chris Brown was reportedly going to the father again.  With agreements by Chris and mother, Diamond Brown, a paternity DNA test was taken.  The results have arrived.  On behalf of everyone at Team Breezy, we are excited to announce that Chris is expecting another child Arrangements are being made by both parties to make this experience as easy as possible for everyone involved.  We ask that the media respect the privacy of Diamond for the safety of the child.  
Congratulations to Diamond Brown and Chris Brown." 

Joyce read the email and smiled. 

"Very nice."  Madison sighed, sending it to Chris's legal team.

"Once they approve it, I'll send it to TMZ and other media outlets."  

"So now what are you going to do?" Madison smiled, grabbing her phone. 

"Go call Chris so he doesn't have a nervous break down on that bus." Joyce laughed and smiled.

"Thatta girl."  

Madison smiled, dialing his number as she walked upstairs to his room. 

"Hey baby." She said, hearing his voice answer.