86.

Baby Shower Day 

"Babe, I'm home.  Freshly cut and I have a baby with me." Chris yelled, climbing the stairs to their bedroom.  Once he reached the room, he pouted, noticing Madison wasn't in it.  He looked at Lovely and sighed.

"Where did Momma Madison go?" The baby smiled at the sound of Madison's name and clapped her hands.

"I'm in the bathroom.  Come here," Madison's voice echoed.  Chris sighed, walking to the bathroom door and sticking his head in.  There on the floor, sat his wife, tears streaming down her face as she looked up at him.

"Madson, baby, what's wrong?" He asked, kneeling down next to her as Lovely stretched herself out for Madison to take her.  She sniffled softly, taking Lovely into her arms. 

"I can't get my wedding ring on.  I took it off to wash my hands and now, it won't go back on." She sniffled.  He sighed softly, sitting down next to her. 

"Oh. Well, we can put it on your necklace until you can slide it back on.  No big deal.  No need to cry. " She looked up at him, wiping her face as Lovely buried her head into Madison's chest. 

"Did you get my smoothie?" She asked.  He nodded.    

"I put it in the freezer downstairs.  I got you the Pineapple Banana and the Peanut Butter Banana one.  And the tropical acai bowl with extra kiwi and banana, and extra honey drizzle."  She smiled, kissing Lovely's head. 

"Daddy did good baby.  You look so cute."  Lovely smiled and Chris stood up, putting his arms out to help Madison up off the floor. 

"Diamond send you a gift." Madison rolled her eyes, grabbing Chris's hand as she held Lovely close to her. 

"It's probably a bomb."   Chris laughed, shaking his head, as he grabbed her wedding ring and her "C" Necklace, sliding the ring onto it. 

"Maybe so.  Turn around so I can put this on you." She smiled, turning around as he slid the necklace onto her skin, kissing the back of her neck as he clasped the chain together. 

"Thank you baby." She said, turning to look up at him.   He smiled, looking down at her as Lovely laid her head against Madison's chest.  

"Anything for my Queen."  

Later that Day

As guests began to arrive, Madison was still upstairs getting ready.  She was having mild Braxton Hicks contractions that were slowing her down as she tried to get ready.  

"Whoever thought having a baby shower when I was over 30 weeks pregnant, needs to be smacked." She groaned, standing still while Chris zipped up her dress. 

"Baby, that was you." She rolled her eyes, looking at him in the mirror. 

"Hush you.  How do I look?" He smiled, looking at her as she turned around to face him.  She had complained all day about how hot she was so her hair was up in curls and her skin glowed against the yellow fabric. He smiled, sliding his hands into hers.