chapter twenty

The day has finally arrived, it's Friday, opening night for UA's theatrical production of Anastasia. Well, it's not quite night yet, the students are still in homeroom waiting for the final bell to ring.

"Shoto are you ready for today?" Y/n asks.

"I am, are you?" He answers.

"I'm definitely ready but I'm pretty nervous." She says.

"You'll be okay. I know that you'll do great." He encourages with a small smile.

"Thank you, Shoto." Y/n grins while a light heat spreads to her cheeks. Y/n decided to stop trying to suppress her feelings. She's not ready to confess just yet but she's going to be more open to Shoto and stop keeping him at a distance. 

Rinnggg

Shoto and Y/n got out of their seats and began walking to the auditorium. 

"I'm so excited!" Y/n says.

"I thought you were nervous?" Shoto asks.

"I'm both." She explains. "My stomach feels like it's doing loopty loops, but I'm sure that once I start performing all the anxiety will go away."

"What makes you so sure?" He questions.

"It was the same thing at my dance competitions. I'd always feel super nervous but once I entered the stage it would all go away." She expresses as the two enter the theater.

"That's nice." He replies. The two continue to talk while sitting in the theater. There was still about half an hour until everyone had to begin getting ready.

...

"Alright everyone, today's the day, Opening night. Now that all of you have arrived start getting into hair and make up we have two hours before doors open." Mr. Yagi commands. All the actors go backstage and begin getting ready. Y/n had a lot of costume and hair changes but thankfully there were people behind the scenes to help out. She changed into her dress first and then sat down at one of the vanities to get her hair and makeup done. About an hour later she was ready.

"My heart is pounding, I can't believe we're less than an hour away from the performance!" Y/n says.

"I know, I'm so ready for this!" Bakugo grins.

"Y/n!" Shoto calls the girl.

"Coming!" She speed walks over. "What's up?"

"Come with me." He instructs and Y/n follows. The pair walks into the hallway outside of the theater.

"So?" She leans on the wall and looks at him.

"You look funny doing that in such formal attire." Shoto comments. Y/n laughs and stands up straight.

"Is this better?" She asks.

"Much better, but I called you here because I wanted to give you something," Shoto says.

"Really? You don't have to." Y/n blushes.

"I want to. Here." He gives Y/n a bracelet.

" He gives Y/n a bracelet