Chapter 21: Full circle

Y/N POV

I tilt Kai's head, thank the stars... she's okay... I'm back...

I kiss her on the forehead and lay back, trying to figure out what I just fucking saw.

Did I do that? Did that altered version of me do that? Or did... was... was it someone else?

Kai can just sense my fear, I see her eyes open in the dark, the mesmerizing purple void aura...

Kai: Mmmm... hey... it's alright...

Y/N: *Sigh* I-I'm just... dumbfounded...

Kai: Bad dream?

Y/N: Horrible.

Kai: You wanna talk about it...?

Y/N: No, not really... it was... scarring... I don't feel like you guys should hear it.

Kai: Wel... that's okay... I love you Y/N, we love you, it's okay...

She hugs me tight, nuzzling me.

The smell of her lavender perfume helps soothe me from what I just witnessed.

I'm not sleeping for the rest of the night, the sun is barely rising, I CANNOT see that fucking dream again... I hope that piece of shit version of myself is dead.

I look up at my robot arm and it looks like I fell off a building, I can't move it and it's stuck like this.

The fingers are twisted, the wrist bent the wrong way, my elbow is locked, great...

If Jax could make a nano-suit for Kai and numerous rocket launchers for Jinx, surely, he could fix my arm and make it better.

Maybe improve it, although the arm is cool, I want some cool gadgets or something.

The worst part is, I didn't notice until now, my hand doesn't feel broke, I wonder what made it fuck itself up. Was it my dream, was it that... eventful night with Kai?

It's about time I went back to Zaun anyway... maybe see my friends at the bar and see if Vik has any SUV, he can let me buy out of his shop for the girls.

They don't need to know it's illegal, and Vik does good work, so not like they'll find out.

Right, its decided, I'm gonna take a trip to Zaun, it's the next town over so it's not like it's far away...

CHILL TIME

After another hour or two, Kai decided it was time to get up.

I set my phone down after talking with Jinx for a bit, she's gonna be happy to see me.

Kai: Morning... hey... it's alright...

The way she consoles me is just unmatched, she runs her hand down my face, then to my chest.

I grab a hold of it, and she blushes, smiling up at me.

Kai: If it helps... I had fun last night...

Y/N: I'm happy you did, you were incredible.

Kai blushes more.

Kai: W-well... n-no other guy made me feel this way...

Y/N: Of course, I know under that sex image peddled by the Piltover media, you're an amazing woman with talent, dreams, feelings.

Kai: W-well said... I-I know you're not all looks-

Y/N: Wow, thanks.

I chuckle, she just pouts at me and lightly slaps my chest.

Kai: But I know under that sarcastic military grunt image... you're really sweet...