Chapter 22: Trouble in Zaun

Y/N POV

I keep fighting off Jinx's advances long enough to the point where she just crosses her arms and leans on the wall across the room.

Jax finishes the last finger, testing the pinky blowtorch and ring finger spray.

Jinx tested that wrist activated grappling hook, it is a lot like Spiderman except I'll probably use it to impale people on accident.

Jax: Alright... Let me see here...

He attaches the lower arm to me, it feels better than before, and when I think about my pinky, it activates, when I think about healing, the ring finger activates.

When I tilt my wrist up, with the desire to travel.

*GRAPPLING HOOK FIRING! WHIRRING! THUD!*

That thud was me hitting my head against Jax's ceiling... Ouch...

Y/N: What better way to test it... Agh...

Jax and Jinx both laugh.

I fall back down and land in my chair.

Jax: How's it feel? I did my best to reinforce it too, not like that thing was coming off before, and the wires are top notch.

Y/N: This is some of your best work yet Jax... Thanks...

Jax: Don't mention it, just promise me one thing...

Jax gets right up in my face.

Jax: You keep the void-ling safe...

Void-ling? Oh, he's talking about Kai. She has so many fucking nicknames gah damn...

I make sure to pay the man before I get a dirty look burning through the back of my head.

Me and Jinx walk out and she plays with my spikey knuckles as soon as we're out.

Jinx: Ah! They're sharp!

She giggles, then sucks on the one finger she pricked.

Y/N: Well, yeah. You alright?

Jinx: I got a little boo boo, no biggy.

Y/N: God...

She giggles, climbing into the 'Stang.

I sit in the other side.

I examine my new upgrades.

There's a little trap door and winch system on the underside of my arm, the ring finger and the pinky both have holes in the tips.

I can't wait to do some dumbass party trick, lighting my fucking joint with a pinky, that's just classy...

Jinx: Wait so, your pinky is a cutting torch now? Like for opening safes or lighting explosives?

Y/N: Yep.

Jinx: How classy would that be to-

Jinx and Y/N: Light a joint!

Y/N: That's what I was thinking!

We giggle, zooming off.

*LOW RUMBLING NYOOOM!*

We pull up to our next shop, Vik's...

Oh shit! Vik!

Mundo is mad again... Fuck! What happened this time...

I hear a curious flute... BARD!

Y/N: Bard?

I turn around, he's there in a big fur coat and hat, just chilling on the bench aside the street.