Chapter 2: An old friend

Y/N POV

Jinx: Y/N? How much did I drink?

Fortune: Not one drop, darling.

She looks down at her glass then back up at me.

Y/N: Jinx... it really is you.

Jinx, the gunpowder loving, explosion dealing, best shooting girl that anyone could ask for.

She was the one who had my back the most during my time in the army AND through Noxian special forces, she taught me how to make that bomb that helped us break out, me and her share a love for shooting, seeing her again after everything... after missing her for a good while...

I always wondered what would've happened if I wasn't getting married, what would've happened with me and her... guess uh... now I can find out... maybe?

Jinx: W-wh... h-h.... How are you.... here?

Jhin: We broke out together, came here, people are very accepting!

Jinx: Because it's Zaun, every second person you meet here has done something illegal.

Y/N: But like, last time I was here, it looked clean!

Jinx: What?! When was it ever?!

We both laugh a bit.

Y/N: Well, to start, the bar looks a lot nicer I guess, what happened to Silco, the last owner?

Jinx goes more pale than usual.

Jinx: I... I don't want to talk about it...

She looks like she's about to have an anxiety attack, I don't know if it's right but I'm going for it.

BAM! I put my hand on her shoulder, hoping she looks up to me aaand... she does!

Y/N: It's alright... there's stuff I don't like talking about either...

Jinx one-ups me, putting her hand on mine as it sits on her shoulder.

Jhin just disappeared without saying bye, he isn't behind me, he's just gone, fuck...

Jinx: Where's your friend?

Y/N: Doesn't matter, we promised we'd split up after we were out, what matters is...

Jinx's eyes light up.

Y/N: How are we gonna catch up?

Jinx rolls off her chair and gives me a big hug at the bar.

Fortune: Hey! Powder baby! Get a room!

Jinx: Alright! Come on Y/N... let's go to my room and hangout.

Jinx takes my hand, taking me up to her room, I didn't even know she lived here before! How come I never met her here?!

Jinx sits me down on her couch, then she sits a safe distance away, about a couch cushion away.

Jinx: So, how's life been?

Y/N: Awful, I was in Ionian prison for a year, they let me out once a week to sit in a yard, full of a bunch of other meatheads.

She giggles a little bit.

Y/N: How have you been?

Jinx: After they took you, I felt so bad about it... like I should've done something...

I put my hand on her shoulder again.

Y/N: You did, without teaching me how to make a bomb out of household chemicals, I wouldn't be here with you. How's Jayce?