Sink or Swim Part 2

"So, this is where we'll be hiding out from the FBI. What do you think?" Mr. Davenport says as we enter his offshore warehouse.

"I think we should update our tetanus shots," Bree says.

"Hey, where's Leo? I thought you said he would be here." Chase asks.

"Yeah, I kinda lied about that." Mr. Davenport presses a button on his neck and his face changes to Douglas.

"Guess who?" Douglas chuckles.

"Whoa! Awesome mask, Mr. Davenport. He looks just like his evil brother who captured us." Adam says.

"That is his evil brother," I say.

"And he did just capture us," Chase says.

"Oh!" Adam says.

"I don't get it. I thought you were an ice cube in Mr. Davenport's warehouse." Chase says. "How did you get out?"

"I had a little help," Douglas says.

"It doesn't matter. We'll destroy this rat trap just like your last one." Bree says.

"Yeah, thanks for that. I didn't even have time to back up my music. Twenty years of up-tempo jazz, gone!" Douglas says.

"Yeah? Well, I know something else that's about to be gone." Chase says.

"Yeah. Let's get his reggae too." Adam says.

"Get him!" I say as we begin to charge at him.

"Now!" Douglas shouts.

We turned our heads to see a masked figure walking out. He held up his hand and gave us an electric shock, knocking the four of us unconscious. "Told you I had a little help." Douglas laughs.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I slowly started to regain consciousness and groaned as I got up. When I looked over at my siblings they were starting to wake up as well. "Wakey-wakey. Eggs and bac-y." Douglas says. "Actually, it's just an expression. All we have to eat around here are nuts, berries, and...the occasional barbecued iguana."

"Taunting us with non-existent breakfast foods? You really are evil." Adam says.

"Wait. Who was that guy?" Chase asks as he, Bree, and I stand next to Adam.

"Oh, that's right. You haven't been formally introduced to my partner. Krane, come say hi to the kids." Douglas says.

"Whoa, whoa, wait, now we have three dads?" Adam asks as the masked figure enters the room.

"After I was booted from Davenport Industries, I needed cash to continue my research. Luckily, I found a billionaire who believed in me. Say hello to my colleague, benefactor, and all-around bad guy, Victor Krane." Douglas says. Krane takes off his mask, revealing a bald head and half of his face horribly disfigured. We all gave him disgusted looks.

"Ugh," Adam says.

"Dude, I have got to get you into a dermatologist," Douglas says, pointing to his scars. Krane just looked at him, making him back away.

"What is that stuff all over his face?" I ask.

"You're no longer the only humans with bionics," Krane says, walking up to us.

"Krane agreed to fund my work so long as I shared my research with him. He implants every piece of bionic technology I design to make himself more powerful." Douglas explains.

"Well, I hope he got a good personality, 'cause what's on the outside...yikes," Chase says.

"Enough!" Krane says. "Let's go. You have work to do." Krane leaves the room.