Chapter 47: A million times... Yes!

*** CHAPTER 47 ***

Swara heaves a sigh as she flips the page of the book that she has been reading for quite some time. However, saying that she has been trying to read will be a little more appropriate. It is as if her entire being has been ignited and she fails to keep calm. The giddiness in her heart does not cease to exist as Sanskaar's affectionate words from before keep reverberating in her head time and again. She is to be engaged tomorrow! It is something she fails to believe. A marriage proposal out of nowhere is not something she has been expecting, but she could not have asked for anything better. That is her Sanskaar... Sweet, simple, yet endearing at the same time, and these feelings overwhelm her heart, leaving her breathless.

Ever since that moment, she has been able to tell that Sanskaar wants to talk to her. However, the sudden engagement announcement has left everything a bit chaotic. It has been decided that both the wedding will take place simultaneously which ultimately doubles everyone's work. But never even in her wildest dreams has she imagined everyone to be this deliriously happy. It is as if their prayers have been answered, all at once.

Annapurna, Sujata, and Ragini have been literally bouncing up and down as they make the last-minute arrangement for her lehenga and jewelry. Chaitanya, all thanks to his father, has ended up seeing an English movie and is now damn insistent on becoming the bridesmaid without even realizing what it is to be one. Durga Prasad, Ram Prasad, and Laksh have tugged Sanskaar away to see the fitting of his sherwani. And above all, their beloved grandmother, without whom none of this would have been possible, for a change has taken up charge of the kitchen to make sure that all the delicacies for the daawat are made in the most authentic way possible.

A cold sprinkle against her face breaks her reverie and she smiles looking at the light rain outside. It has been raining for more than two days now but she has nothing to complain about. It is this rainfall that has washed away all her pain, all her worries, and all her insecurities and has given her the courage to pursue what her heart truly desires. Sitting by the windowsill of her room, she looks outside but can hardly see a person around. It is quite late already and everyone has retired for the night.

Feeling her neck getting a little stiff after the rollercoaster of the day, Swara decides to get a hot water fomentation. She definitely does not want her neck fixed at the same angle for her entire engagement ceremony. As embarrassing as it will be, it will be uncomfortable as hell. Closing her book, she makes her way toward the door whilst closing her eyes and massaging her neck as she walks across the room. It is in this position that she opens the door only to find Sanskaar's hand hanging mid-air, most apparently aiming for a knock. He gulps as his eyes look to-and-fro between his hand and Swara's perplexed face. Putting his hand down, he gives her a sheepish smile.

Sanskaar: Um... Hi!

Swara: (whispers) Sanskaar? What are you doing here? That, too, at such an odd hour!

Sanskaar: (furrows his eyebrow) What's wrong with your neck?

Sawra: (rolls her eyes) Stop answering my question with a question of yours. What are you doing here anyway?

Sanskaar: (sighs deeply) I don't know. I was walking and walking and somehow, I ended up in front of your room. I guess... I... Ah! Fine! I just missed you!

Just a couple of words and that takes her breath away. He shrugs his shoulders nonchalantly and Swara feels her heart swell up at his awe-inspiring words. No matter the situation, he always manages to say the sweetest thing. Moreover, after all, that has happened, they do need a decent conversation. Glancing around, she cranes her neck to make sure that they do not have any onlookers. And then taking a deep breath, she holds Sanskaar's hand and yanks him inside the room before closing the door again.