Chapter 26 : Sanskaar...

A/N

Hello everyone! As most of you wanted me to complete THE HIDDEN HALF first, so, I’m putting TYMHIS on hold, or maybe I’ll give an update of that story once in a while, depending on my work schedule. Now, here is the next chapter of THH. I hope you all will like it!

*** CHAPTER 26 ***

With each flutter of Vidhaan’s eyes, Swara’s heart skips a beat and the moment his eyes meet with hers, she loses every bit of rationality she has within herself. At this very moment, all that she wants is to run up to him and engulf him dearly in her embrace.

He has heard her calling him! He is alright! Nothing seems to matter anymore.

SWARA!”

And as he whispers her name in his hoarse voice, she trembles, a shudder running all the way down her spine. Her heart has apparently started ditching her brain yet again as her thumb involuntarily starts rubbing his fingers wrapped around her palm as she keeps on gazing at her own reflection shining in his eyes. Words fail her and she finds herself unable to make anything coherent to come out of her mouth.

“Bhai!”

And that’s when Laksh’s voice breaks off her trance and every bit of the recent incidents rush back to her with full force and she pulls her hand back away from his hold. Instant hurt flashes across Vidhaan’s face as he misses the sudden warmth of her hand, making Swara close her eyes and clench her fists to her sides, trying her best to ignore the withering of her traitorous heart.

She has so much she wanted to ask and so much she has yearned to hear but the moment she notices his outstretched hand towards her, Swara stumbles backwards as the reality hits her with full force. He’s not the one she thinks he is!

She has so much she wanted to say but at that very moment failing at the hands of her heart, she instantly turns around and runs out of the hospital room as if her life depends on it.

-------------------------  

Annapurna immediately takes Vidhaan’s cheeks in her palms with all her motherly affection, peppering his face with innumerous kisses, unable to contain all the love for her son she has kept hidden inside of her for twenty seven years. Vidhaan’s heart aches getting overwhelmed with this feeling he has yearned for so long. So, this is how a mother’s love feels like! And the tiniest bit of his heart unknowingly gets jealous of Shlok realizing that he has had this love all to himself for all these years, but at the same time the other bit of his heart wrenches with pain knowing it quite well that he’s not going to come back. His brother is gone and he’ll never be meeting him anytime sooner or later!

Annapurna: Sanskaar! Mera bachcha! Thank God you’re fine. You scared all of us so much. Aisa koi karta hai kya?!

Vidhaan: Maa!

She’s all immersed in her own raging emotions so deeply that when she hears him call her, Annapurna shakes her head taking it all as nothing but her mere hallucination. Noticing his mother not making any satisfactory response, Vidhaan calls her again.

Vidhaan: Maa!

And this time, Annapurna eyes meet her son’s eyes making her stumble her a little back.

Annapurna: W-What did you say?

Vidhaan: Maa, please… please don’t cry!

That very instant fresh tears start making their way down her cheeks all over again, except this time they are the tears of joy. Joy, that her son has called her ‘Maa’ for the very first time! Joy, that her wait of twenty seven years is finally over now.