Chapter 29 : She's here... for him!

A/N

Hi everyone!

First of all, I’m really very sorry for not updating this sooner. My younger cousin brother passed away in an accident last week and I wasn’t able to write anything for about a week. Every time I tried writing something, his face started flashing in front of my eyes. He was hardly twenty years old and it came as a heavy blow to the entire family. So, it took me some time to get this chapter done!

Thank you so much for all the love and patience you have shown towards me and the story. That really means a lot to me! Here you all go with the next chapter. I hope you all will like this one.

With loads of love and smiles… Happy Reading!!

*** CHAPTER 29 ***

In the entire twenty seven years of his life, Sanskaar has never been in such a quandary. He doesn’t know himself whether it’s right or wrong but with having this woman back in his arms after so long, the whimpers of his agonizing soul have finally subsided. He finds himself at peace once again!

Even before he realizes, though involuntarily, his fingertips start trailing down Swara’s cheek, caressing every bit of it gingerly. Oh how he has missed… touching her! Kissing her! Admiring her, though from afar! His heart leaps inside his chest just by having her so close to him all over again.

She’s here… for him! Not even in his wildest dreams has he imagined her to come all over to Mumbai to take him back, let alone the new shade of his lady love he has seen today. The joys of it?!! A man can never tell! The feeling surging up his heart is just inexplicable!

As his fingers trail along her lower lip, Swara shivers and the realization hits him back… She’s still wet! Even though she’s here, he knows it pretty well that she will not appreciate him changing her clothes. So, being the gentleman he is, Sanskaar picks up his umbrella and with one last look at her face, he rushes out to get some aid.

-----------------------

He shudders as he feels his skin getting abraded by numerous pointed rocks and boulders underneath. With each scratch on his skin, he feels his breath getting stuck in his chest even more and more. And this pain multiplies umpteenth times as his head hits against a boulder on his path downhill.

“Is he dead?”, hearing a cold menacing voice he tries opening his eyes but his vision starts getting blurred with the blood oozing down his forehead and falling onto his eyelids and eyelashes.

Heavy footsteps trailing down towards him make his heart sink with dread… not for himself but for the one he has left behind.

His biggest regret right now?! Not being able to tell her what he feels!

Those footsteps come to a halt as one of the two silhouettes standing tall in front of him scoot down to take a look at his fragile, almost lifeless, body.

“Not exactly! But he will be soon”, he hears the man say and the perilous voice reprimands as if disgusted, “Move away! Let me handle this. I can’t afford have him alive after all this.”

He tries figuring out who the owner of the voice is… but with his enfeebled senses he fails to do so. And as he hears metals scraping against the rocks he tries to gather the last bit of his strength to make a run for his life. Standing up on his trembling legs, he drags his feet forward but with a painful strike of the heavy metal rod on his limbs, he stumbles and falls down again.

It’s over! It’s all over… and he can feel it quite clearly right now!

He sucks in a deep breath as the ruthless voice chides once again, “Just know this that I hate you… more than anything else.” And the metal rod is raised up in the air again. A shine catches his eye, and as his vision clears a bit, the rod callously smashes his head ending the pain of his mortal self once and for all… however, leaving his anguished soul withering with pain.