Chapter 37: I never can!

*** CHAPTER 37 ***

Sujata: Don’t they look so adorable together?

Annapurna: (smiles) Looks like my son is finally going to get his happiness.

Ragini: Shall I go and tell her the truth then?

Sujata: What truth?

Ragini: That he is not Shlok but Sanskaar. Maybe they will have a better chance then.

Swara hears the hushed whispers of Maheshwari ladies the moment she enters the kitchen next morning. As all three of them go completely awe, Swara turns around following their line of sight only to find Sanskaar and Anshika already seated in the dining area.

Sitting on the two chairs kept too close to each other both of them are seeing something on the mobile phone and the very next moment they start laughing out loud as they read something, most possibly a joke. And adding fuel to raging fire within Swara, Sanskaar whispers something in Anshika’s ears and they laugh out all over again making Swara tighten the fists to her sides.

Swara: I don’t think that’s a good idea, Ragini.

Ragini: Why, Swara? Don’t you think our friend deserves to be happy?

Friend!

Friend?

FRIEND?!!

Seriously! Is Sanskaar just her friend?

Well… Umm… the question seems a bit complicated!

Swara: I want him to be happy, Ragini. Trust me, I do. It’s just that I feel it is still not the right time to reveal his identity. We never know from where a word can go out and we still have so many unanswered questions.

Annapurna: All of us want the answers, Swara. But I feel we can trust Anshika and her father and we don’t think it would be wise of us to let such a good alliance slip out of our hands.

Sujata: You are right, Jiji. Even I think that we should tell them the truth. And indeed, their couple looks so adorable.

And instantly, a questions knocks on the door of Swara’s brain… Doesn’t Sanskaar’s and her couple look adorable too?

Ragini: (excitedly) Great! Then, I will ask Papa and Bade Papa about this and then we can talk to Sanskaar and Anshika. I just cant wait to see them getting married.

With that being said, Ragini dashes out of the kitchen even before Swara can think of an excuse to stop this. The moment Ragini enters the study room, Swara’s heart skips a beat. Her eyes, on their own accord, find their way towards Sanskaar and an unknown fear tugs at her heart noticing the way Anshika has his full attention.

Why is it bothering her so much when she is not the one he is looking at?

It shouldn't, right? Isn't this what she wished for?

------------------  

Swara’s heart has been pounding like crazy as all the elders have taken Anshika inside the room, whereas she along with Sanskaar, Laksh, Ragini and Chaitanya have been asked to stand out for the time being. Now that, all of them have decided to reveal everything to Anshika, she does not know how she is supposed to feel.

If she is allowed to be honest… she is scared. Very scared!

And the moment the door opens her heart sinks dreading the unknown. Anshika scuttles towards Sanskaar without paying heed to anyone else and engulfs him in a hug leaving everyone shell shocked.