Chapter 10 : What are you doing to me, Swara?

*** CHAPTER 10 ***

‘No matter what, never ever ignore your instincts for it’s a way your heart connects to you.’

Vidhaan has always been taught this by Father Francis and with the life he has been living for almost one month now has made him realize the same. This gut feeling has been nagging him for a while now tugging at his heart that something, somewhere is wrong. Something that has to be stopped.

With this feeling bothering him continuously, Vidhaan couldn’t help but think of Swara. No matter how hard he is trying to ignore, he feels this urge to stay closer to her today.

He keeps following her everywhere in the mall as the four of them head out for shopping. Even his weird behavior doesn’t go unnoticed by Laksh and Ragini. They scrunch their brows as they find him accompanying her everywhere, even when she is choosing the dresses for herself. Laksh gives a knowing look to his wife to which she just shrugs her shoulders.

Laksh: What does he think he is doing?

Ragini: I don’t know!

Laksh: Look! Ask him to stop being a pervert and following my best friend everywhere.

Ragini: You know he is not like that Laksh.

Laksh: Whatever! Just ask him to stop doing that. Okay?

Ragini: Okay! Okay! No need to be so grumpy. I’m going to talk to him.

She throws a quick glance around the store they are currently standing in and finds Swara and Vidhaan selecting some… t-shirts? Aren’t they here to buy some clothes for Swara and her?

Ragini trudges towards them and as she nears them she chuckles on hearing their conversation…

Vidhaan: Swara, we are here to buy clothes for you and not for me!

Swara: I know, but you are also going to party. So, aren’t you supposed to buy clothes too?

Vidhaan: I don’t need clothes. There are tons of them in the closet. I’ll wear any one of them.

Swara: Closet? You call that thing a closet? I would rather call it a black and white movie! Black tuxedos and white shirts. Tsk, don’t insult the closet.

Vidhaan: It’s a business party, Swara! I can’t wear these t-shirts there.

Swara: Oh God! You and your boring parties. One day I’ll surely die of boredom. I really need to teach you how to live a boredom free life.

Vidhaan: Excuse me! Are you saying I’m boring.

Swara: Aha! Looks like you’re becoming intelligent with me. I’m so proud of myself.

She pats her back herself. Vidhaan opens his mouth to say something but shuts it down immediately hearing Ragini’s chuckle. Swara turns around and giggles as Ragini gives them a ‘what’s going on’ look.

Swara: Ragini, did you select something?

Ragini: Not yet! Vid…

Vidhaan’s eyes widen the moment he hears her taking his real name accidentally and the color of Ragini’s face drain out as realization dawns upon her. Clearing her throat she looks at Swara who is still busy shuffling the line of clothes looking for a t-shirt to her liking. She sighs with relief and turns her attention back to Vidhaan.

Ragini: Um… I mean Sanky. Can I talk to you for a minute?

Vidhaan: Sure! Swara, please wait here for me. I’ll be back in a minute.