Chapter 33 : No turning back!

A/N

Hello everyone! I know it’s been a veryyyyyy long time but many things have been going on in life for last few days. My brain has literally stopped working. With job, classes, my IAS exam hanging right over my head like a sword and my not so good health, I’m continuously failing in fulfilling my commitments. And I’m really very sorry for making you guys wait for so long for the update. I’ll make sure that the next update won’t take so long.

So, here you all go with the next chapter. I hope I haven’t ruined it. And thank you so for all the patience you guys have shown towards me and the story.

*** CHAPTER 33 ***

Every moment of silence seems like ages to her where the wait becomes more and more afflicting as the time passes. She doesn’t know herself what has come over her to say something like that but now that the damage has already been done, the blank expression on Sanskaar’s face, giving out nothing, begins freaking her out.

Will he think that she’s being selfish? That how can she think of moving on from his brother?

But this whole thing has started crumbling down her soul to such an extent that she’s questioning her own self now… whether or not she has any right to happiness?! But when it comes to him, she feels happy but unfortunate at the same time.

With another couple of minutes of silence, Swara finally decides to break the agonizing silence herself.

Swara: Uh! Sorry. I shouldn’t have…

Sanskaar: Why this question all of a sudden?

Swara: Huh? I… I don’t know.

Sanskaar: But shouldn’t it be like… It gets clearer to you first before anyone else and not the other way round!

Swara: (sighs) But it gets more and more confusing every time, Sanskaar, and I… I don’t know what to do. I know that if I’ll say this, it will make me selfish but at first I thought I had those feelings for you because you were supposed to be my husband. But when the truth is out now, isn’t this feeling supposed to go away? Then why does my heart feel so heavy every time I’m with you but it still yearns for your presence when you’re not around? Doesn’t this make me a bad person?

Sanskaar: Do you love me, Swara?

The question she has been expecting the least, pops out of nowhere and it tongue-ties Swara. Yes, she feels something weird when he is around but can she name that feeling as… love?! She isn’t so sure herself! But the unseen anticipation in Sanskaar’s eyes makes her heart skip a beat, leaving her hysteric brain in a muddle.

Swara: I… Why are you asking this all of a sudden?

Sanskaar: Actually, you should be the one asking this question to yourself. More than anyone else, you know what your heart desires for.

Swara: I know… but I don’t know what to do. This… whole thing is so confusing. I just want to let go of everything. Every damn thing. Just… Help me, please.

Her words of desperation hurl mercilessly at the strings of his heart making Sanskaar think of ways to help her come to ease. And the idea that strikes him has him pondering over and over. Whether it will be a good idea?! And after a couple of another painful silent moments, he finally speaks.

Sanskaar: Let’s play a game then!

Swara’s eyes widen and then immediately shrink with confusion. Here, she is in such a dire need of a good piece of advice and all he wants is to play a game! Seriously?!